Mole catching for the water board

Any of you moleys trap around the resovoirs for the water board??

I have on a few occasions passed my details to my local w/a procurement dept and been fecked off each time.

I cover a lot of ground around at least 5 of our local mole infested resovoirs. And for years no molecatching has been undertaken. I suppose lack of action on their behalf keeps me in business.

A regular farm Im on with at the moment phoned me today in total disbelief to tell me there was somebody molecatching on the neighbouring resovoir.

Hi vis and in a water authority motor.

I'm not one to mess with another mans shit but I had to jump the wall and have a look at what was buried below each alcathene marker.

They are using the cheapest scissor traps I have seen thrown into an oversized hole and the gaps blocked up with grass. Absolutely unbelievable.

Now after my failed attempts to provide my services and give them a proper job I find it insulting that they would employ the services of a clown who has fallen on his feet with another piss take of a contract.

My local council are no better. But that's another blood boiling tale.

Any of you moleys trap around the resovoirs for the water board??

I have on a few occasions passed my details to my local w/a procurement dept and been fecked off each time.

I cover a lot of ground around at least 5 of our local mole infested resovoirs. And for years no molecatching has been undertaken. I suppose lack of action on their behalf keeps me in business.

A regular farm Im on with at the moment phoned me today in total disbelief to tell me there was somebody molecatching on the neighbouring resovoir.

Hi vis and in a water authority motor.

I'm not one to mess with another mans shit but I had to jump the wall and have a look at what was buried below each alcathene marker.

They are using the cheapest scissor traps I have seen thrown into an oversized hole and the gaps blocked up with grass. Absolutely unbelievable.

Now after my failed attempts to provide my services and give them a proper job I find it insulting that they would employ the services of a clown who has fallen on his feet with another piss take of a contract.

My local council are no better. But that's another blood boiling tale.

unless someones pocket in the company is getting lined you never will.........................they will employ useless idiots because there not worried about the moles its just pr stunt that is all there worried about ................
  • Like 1

Its probably one of their own who fancies having a go and knows nothing about it.

That exactly what it is. The water boards are a joke. To become one of their contractors you have to jump through hoops, piles and piles of paper work, insurances, health and safety plans and PAY to get on their 'list'. I do a some drystone walling for them but am not on the 'list', so can only do it for a contractor who is on the 'list'!!! Its still me doing the work but they wont even speak to me direct. The small contractor for a £200 job has to go through the same shite as a heavy plant contractor.

Much of the countryside management is done by graduates now rather than real country people so you see one guy come along who is into timber, maybe he studied it at uni, so for 4 years its all trees trees trees.... then he moves on and the next guy is into heather so they spend thousands planting heather...4 years later next bloke likes wetlands so they start blocking the grips. No long term management in anything.

Pest control is either renta-nobs or some promoted office dude on extended duties playing at it.

Sad compared to how it used to be.

• Like 2

my old man (rip) worked for the water board for years mind it was a good while ago. they were trained in tree felling, pest control and various other subjects but i assume just like most things these days its just gone to pot :hmm:

you can only but try and sell yourself moxie..i was asked to tender for a big contract last year,, ok i thought and went to meeting... there was three other big named companies interested in the job.. i done the interview lol not normal you get interviewed but i sat there and answered the hundreds of questions fired at me.... they thanked me and as i left they called me back,,, as i was almost at the bottom of the stairs...... got the job they said..... :D i was well happy and was payed from the lottery fund .... turned out my price was a major factor and the boss at the venue new about pest control etc.... be honest,, and sell yourself.... the ship may never come in ,,, at times you need to swim to it ;)

Cheers logun. I may keep chipping away at them. I'm not overly bothered for the job but at the same time I wouldn't say no! Unless our ideals didn't meet eye to eye. I'm not going to be told what to do and how to go about my business from somebody who knows little about it and dictates from a recommended working practice report.

I was just surprised to see them being pro active. So to speak!!