what makes a goodun ? digging only thread

hopefully i will be lucky enough to own one one day ave you owned or breed any special ones your self stig over the years ? if any one else whuld like to ad a pic and a story of a dog what was special in ther eyes feel free to add :thumbs:

a few stand out....if you dont spout about it there only great dogs to you and thats what matters unless you want your name in lights ..
  • Like 3

sometimes your bread n butter dogs are your great dogs -- you just dont know it at the time you look for more in a dog as you strive to get better when you reflect just your average week in week out grafters the ones that stand out and if you can get through your time in the game with a few of these you wont need anything else .

• Like 2

Bonuses could be having an exceptional nose, not ragging a carcase when there's more in the earth, likewise not following a bolter but turning round and re-entering and generaly displaying determination above and beyond the call of duty.

reliability :thumbs:

any dog that has its quarry bottled up when broke through to deserves a place in the kennels.a dog that can be dug to everytime but with difficulty moving on numerous times etc having its good days and bad days has to be questioned but all depending on the place the quarry and how difficult the task is ,there are big spots and small spots so diffrent dogs suit diffrent jobs i think.if its doing what you want who realy cares what others think.to me my dogs are good dogs to others maybe not.there are so many answers to what makes a good one :thumbs:

• Like 2

a dog that has over 4-5 seasons and has never quit, no job too big no job too small...ten minutes or 10 hours it should matter not....

I think we all know when such and such is put in the vehicle the job or task matters not for you know he will see it through, they should live for earth work and earthwork only....

but thats just my opinion.. :thumbs: happy new year folks.

• Like 4

a dog that has over 4-5 seasons and has never quit, no job too big no job too small...ten minutes or 10 hours it should matter not....

I think we all know when such and such is put in the vehicle the job or task matters not for you know he will see it through, they should live for earth work and earthwork only....

your right. Stop end .happy new year :thumbs: Edited by hunting1234