geese while pigeon decoying

managed to bag two canadas this morning while pigeon decoying . a flock of 7 flew over. thinking about goin back up in the morning . do you lads reckon they wil fly the same line again ?

if conditions are the same they may come looking for there mates ,worth a try and and you always have pigeons to fall back on

managed to bag two canadas this morning while pigeon decoying . a flock of 7 flew over. thinking about goin back up in the morning . do you lads reckon they wil fly the same line again ?

What did you knock them down with, 6's ?

Unlikely but you never no. Depends if they go to the same roost tonight, wind direction will have to be the same and there feed field will have to be the same. Alot of variables but you defiantly wont shoot them in the house! Atb Mark. :thumbs:

I was decoying pigeons over rape last Saturday and a single mallard drake came straight towards me from the other side of the field, I quickly put a steel cartridge in and dropped it from a good height, I was over the moon as it was the first duck I had shot this month.

Lucky you had some steel with you GIff lol

well done bell ithought you was going into the net i went into on the wa---- side PW .when i got the canadas the over week yes they came over the same spot .my puddles or now lakes .no way i,am sitting in that we will get some good weather soon .les ps met a good lad from alwoodley calle paul smith a fireman a nice lad gary

Les, was out last night flighting my patch. Had watched the night before as Greylag and duck came in.........but last night.......not a lot came ! I think there is too much water about......too much choice for them. We finished the night with a cock Teal and a lovely cock WIgeon. Could here the geese moving......made the pulse race a little faster but they were down on a stubble somewhere.