• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Frank
NOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD BE WORTH READING MR DARCEY ....WELL SAID CHALKWARREN ... :thumbs: I WILL BE LOOKING FOWARD TO THAT ONE DARCEY .... :yes: ........ :thumbs:

Im on with it, just taking me soooooooooo bloody long, lol,just signing of the final proofs for the next terrier book then i will be full steam ahead hopefully.... :yes::gunsmilie:

WHEN DO YOU THINK THE BOOK WILL BE FINNISHED A BOOK OF THE LEDGENDS AND THE GREAT HARE COURSING DOGS OF THE PAST COUPLE OF DECADES IS LONG OVERDUE IMHO ......PUT ME DOWN FOR A FIRST EDITION WITHOUT A DOUBT ..... :thumbs:

Likewise, i would like a copy aswell. :yes::yes: , put me down for one too. :thumbs:

Frank.

NOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD BE WORTH READING MR DARCEY ....WELL SAID CHALKWARREN ... :thumbs: I WILL BE LOOKING FOWARD TO THAT ONE DARCEY .... :yes: ........ :thumbs:

Im on with it, just taking me soooooooooo bloody long, lol,just signing of the final proofs for the next terrier book then i will be full steam ahead hopefully.... :yes::gunsmilie:

WHEN DO YOU THINK THE BOOK WILL BE FINNISHED A BOOK OF THE LEDGENDS AND THE GREAT HARE COURSING DOGS OF THE PAST COUPLE OF DECADES IS LONG OVERDUE IMHO ......PUT ME DOWN FOR A FIRST EDITION WITHOUT A DOUBT ..... :thumbs:

errrm... :icon_eek: god only knows....perhaps 18 months, two years??...when i finish the lastest 2 little projects i will dedicate my time to it, but its going to take so bloody long. then there will be people saying how "such and such" a dog was a jacker etc etc.....ideally i want a large "coffe-table " book full colour throughout and only do one edition of it.... but we will have to see...

will keep everyone informed.... :notworthy:

.....ideally i want a large "coffe-table " book full colour throughout and only do one edition of it.... but we will have to see...

Now that would be worth getting a coffe-table to put it on!.. :clapper:

Must get round to reading a 'Darcy', lots of good comments about them so maybe worth a read.. :thumbs: Been some good books over the years, liked Phil's latest....good pictures.. :toast::whistling:

.....ideally i want a large "coffe-table " book full colour throughout and only do one edition of it.... but we will have to see...

Now that would be worth getting a coffe-table to put it on!.. :clapper:

Must get round to reading a 'Darcy', lots of good comments about them so maybe worth a read.. :thumbs: Been some good books over the years, liked Phil's latest....good pictures.. :toast::whistling:

just borrow one mate.... :yes: .its all lies anyway :drink:

errrm... :icon_eek: god only knows....perhaps 18 months, two years??...when i finish the lastest 2 little projects i will dedicate my time to it, but its going to take so bloody long. then there will be people saying how "such and such" a dog was a jacker etc etc.....ideally i want a large "coffe-table " book full colour throughout and only do one edition of it.... but we will have to see...

what do you mean eerrmm ...will you live that long :blink: crack on JD before someone beats you to it :yes: theres a thousand terrier books about ...you name me one with coursing dogs only :blink: you cant can you big nose :whistling: no matter what you right about how well they did in the field ect ect ...sombodys going to say the dog jacked or whatever ...you never suit everybody :hmm: ....i mean look at me i think most of your books are complete shite :feck: .....but the one your fooking about with saying its going to take how ever long now thats sounds to me like it might be a very good read ... :thumbs:

when can we expect the new terrier book then J Darcy??

my top five

1)World Of The Working Terrier

2)The Working Jack Russell (eddie chapman)

3)A Mouchers Tale

4)Dig Deep (would be higher but cant get my own copy :( )

5)The Hunt and working terrier ((?)The lucas one)

1. Hard Hunting by Swingle and Shaughnessy

2. Reminiscenses of Woodland Stalking by Ritchie

3. The Amateur Poacher

4. The Book of the Rifle by Carmichael

5. New England Grouse Hunting by Foster

Good to see Leo Ritchie's book listed on a prior post. Great memoir of times gone by.

1 The World of The Working Terrier - HARCOMBE

2 The Fell Terrier - PLUMMER

3 The Complete lurcher [got me interested in working dogs] - PLUMMER

4 Dig Deep Throw Well Back - DARCY

5 The Great Game - WYMAN