Anyone have Yard dog pups next year

I have been bitten of many dog's as i underestimated them..i have only been bitten on the arse and wellies from collie's because i trusted them.. :blink: ..bad move really because know one realy has a clue what goes on in there head's.. :laugh: ..and it's even worse if you get a one with nervous aggresion.. :icon_eek: ..as you can't hit the fooker's as they are away just as quick as they come at you..

I have been bitten of many dog's as i underestimated them..i have only been bitten on the arse and wellies from collie's because i trusted them.. :blink: ..bad move really because know one realy has a clue what goes on in there head's.. :laugh: ..and it's even worse if you get a one with nervous aggresion.. :icon_eek: ..as you can't hit the fooker's as they are away just as quick as they come at you..

Lol you've had your fair share of exsperiances then :laugh: most collies I've met are pretty mad tbh lol

i'd do some research find someone who trains pp/security dogs nearby and ask there advice on breeders and train your pup with them.

probably not the cheapest route,but at least you'll know your dog will defend you/your property and more importantly be under your control.

I couldn't imagine anything worse than having a dog of mine attacking an innocent person.

My neighbour had a ex police dog a brute gsd me grandad had them over 40 Years ( dog handler in the army )and got turned down on this perticular dog as they said it would be to much for him and ended up at my retard neighbours with in 3 weeks it was out of control leaping out of windows a walkers by chasing anyone that came with 10 ft of the front gate and they the police didn't want it back either in the end it was pts as it was a liability shame really as it was a stunning dog and good at its job just a shit owner . There's a lot to be said over a good gsd

for a farm you want a stopper not just something that will mak noise stick to the guard breeds rott gsd dob but only good ones not show

We used to have a pair of Dobermans and they did the job well it's just difficult finding dogs bred for purpose at working mans prices :thumbs:

dobermans are so 80's J, get a German shepherd for the yard :thumbs:

Just because a dog looks scary and can bark doesn't make it hard, seen dogs you would take a half mile berth of that when pressured crumble and run off. At the end of the day if your dog isn't from the right stock, trained and tested in real life scenarios then you will never know if its gotte mineral or not, an you certainly can't tell if it has because it barks and "acts" aggressive.

Not gonna tell you what breed to get as theres plenty to fit the bill of a yard dog, just do as you would a lurcher and get a pup from dogs doing the job and half the battles won.

Atb J

I do agree with j1985 in that a dog can look like it might take your arm off but if someone does test it and it turns out not to be the mustard then you wasted your time, pick the right breeder, which should put you in good stead for a great guard dog. Our boerboel is definitely the one I'd choose as he is very good around the family, with kids, also good around stock. The ridgeback we had, like I said in my previous post was very independent and just wasn't 100% trustworthy around family, and in the end that was his downfall. Do the research and it will pay off, remember a good dog/dogs is a lot cheaper than a new quad,tank of diesel etc.

ATB The 12...3

Just because a dog looks scary and can bark doesn't make it hard, seen dogs you would take a half mile berth of that when pressured crumble and run off. At the end of the day if your dog isn't from the right stock, trained and tested in real life scenarios then you will never know if its gotte mineral or not, an you certainly can't tell if it has because it barks and "acts" aggressive.

Not gonna tell you what breed to get as theres plenty to fit the bill of a yard dog, just do as you would a lurcher and get a pup from dogs doing the job and half the battles won.

Atb J

Cheers mate I'm not really after something that's going to bite just bark would do me , I got offered an American bulldog last year I really like them but I diddnt want to take it apparently it was trained up as they put it but I'm not that stupid ill get a pup and bring it on myself , I would love an American bulldog love those dogs but a good pup from good stuff is hard to come by :cray:

Anyway I'll keep reading up :thumbs: