Anyone have Yard dog pups next year

Alright I've finally made the decision to get a guard dog next year and build some more kennels, I own alot of machinery on my farm , tractors quads ect the farm over the road has had a lot of problems but they have a collie to warm them , my lurchers are pretty quite so I'm after a guard dog something that's a visual deterrent and will bark , I know a determind thief will go through a dog but I want something just to warm me we had lots of guard dogs years ago dobermans , GSDs, All sorts

Will anyone be selling any pups next year in co Durham

Thanks everyone Atb JD

Edited by J.DOG

Just get a collie or a lurcher with collie in it..they are fooking nut's.. :D ..i have one here with a bit of collie in it and i would pay good money to see anyone get in my car while she is there.. :yes: ..she is also a good gaurd in the house and she can hear a flea fart from 100 yard's away and barks the place down when any one walk's past or comes in the garden..plus if you choose this cross you have the added bonus of catching stuff with it.. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Just get a collie or a lurcher with collie in it..they are fooking nut's.. :D ..i have one here with a bit of collie in it and i would pay good money to see anyone get in my car while she is there.. :yes: ..she is also a good gaurd in the house and she can hear a flea fart from 100 yard's away and barks the place down when any one walk's past or comes in the garden..plus if you choose this cross you have the added bonus of catching stuff with it.. :thumbs:

Hear a flea fart :laugh: never really thought of a collie grey , would be good to catch bunnys also , my lurcher in the house barks for abit but then goes to sleep :laugh: cheers millet :thumbs:

for a farm you want a stopper not just something that will mak noise stick to the guard breeds rott gsd dob but only good ones not show

We used to have a pair of Dobermans and they did the job well it's just difficult finding dogs bred for purpose at working mans prices :thumbs:

As millit says get yourself a collie...proper b*****ds,they make hell of a din and bite aswell. i used to keep a lot of good.. naa.. extremely good chicken and i was ok till a bunch of no good b*****ds set up camp near by,they pesterd the life outa me, i did everything possible to deter them but they nailed me 3 times. so i bought a neo/cross a hell of a brute which would bite for fun....they tied the b*****d up (like a hangman) and stole again,how the fook they got a noose around his neck ill never know. imo the best guard dog is a shy biter....

A neighbouring farm to us was having a lot of problems, there red diesel tank got drained two or three times and various other bits got lifted. Funny how we're only a bit further on yet we've not had the same problem. I really do believe that they do work and if you get the right sought it'll pay for its self. Weve always had dogs in the yard over the years, when I was a kid my dad used to have German shepherds, great for making lots of noise if someone's about, that's about as much as I can remember but they must be good with how popular they are. We also had a Rhodesian ridgeback, very independent, very good guard dog, unfortunately it had to be put down at only 3 years old. So he was replaced by a boerboel, what a beast! Unreal guarding ability, and in my opinion the best dog we've had, hopefully get a second one in the new year.

To cut a very long story short our neighbour contacted the local police and now is the owner of two retired police German shepherds, also they were free so if that's not working mans money then what is,lol

Hope this helps j.dog

ATB 12...3

A neighbouring farm to us was having a lot of problems, there red diesel tank got drained two or three times and various other bits got lifted. Funny how we're only a bit further on yet we've not had the same problem. I really do believe that they do work and if you get the right sought it'll pay for its self. Weve always had dogs in the yard over the years, when I was a kid my dad used to have German shepherds, great for making lots of noise if someone's about, that's about as much as I can remember but they must be good with how popular they are. We also had a Rhodesian ridgeback, very independent, very good guard dog, unfortunately it had to be put down at only 3 years old. So he was replaced by a boerboel, what a beast! Unreal guarding ability, and in my opinion the best dog we've had, hopefully get a second one in the new year.

To cut a very long story short our neighbour contacted the local police and now is the owner of two retired police German shepherds, also they were free so if that's not working mans money then what is,lol

Hope this helps j.dog

ATB 12...3

Thanks mate that's a lot of help :thumbs: bet a retired police dog would be handy to have