Plummers v patts

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are totally different animals. and i'm sure you will get the exeptions in both breeds. but in general the plummer as a breed is very hard to beat on top. but below ground they arnt in the same le

I quoted the sentence the lad wrote, as he claimed a fell doesn't have the nose or drive to hunt rats as good as a plummer, lol, it's a pretty poor terrier that can't mark a rat in a hole or under far

Here's a pic from around 1980 when he still called them Russells       The little plummer in this pic(pre-ban before the mods get on) was a good little bolting bitch but anything that would'nt shi

Posted Images

Or a night in the cells LOL Or a big spot take more than an hour LOL..Locater or not if its in a bunny place more chance of lack of air digging on ....Not a locater invented to stop a terrier dropping in to undesirable places or illegal ones

If you know the ground your working you don't need a super collar to prevent it, just use a wee bit of your grey matter....

As for digging on, well that's just one of the many risks of the game is it not?? No sorry sir, can't put a dog in there, my dog might die from lack of air, lol lol lol

• Like 1

i got a lakie here that i class as an allrounder, she is actually a failed digging dog an i used her bushing bunnys, she ended up a cracking marker an respects ferrets so she was used for that, she entered to fox of her own free will while bushing bunnys an bolted it to a happy keeper, she has worked well for 5 seasons an loves work, she will stop bushing bunnys or ratting an work fox if teh chance comes, she also rats an had a load a mink, not a digging dog by a country mile, not an allrounder to everybody either as she aint too fond of the gun, will work with it but aint too happy about it, but she suits me an keep my landowners happy, i always carry a collar just incase an usually have a spade at hand or am local to the house :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 3

The topic Should have said, best all round terrier, out of all the terriers

Dont be getting all upset on us!! Maybe it is fella but it's a forum for discussion, and it ain't wandered as far from the original question as a lot of threads do :-)

I'd go for a well bred russell as an allrounder, wouldnt have a plummer given free. Best ratter I've ever seen was a plummer bitch but what a horrible b*****d of a dog it was temperament wise. Same dog walked off twice below ground Certain lines of plummers are aggressive. Some are not, but same in most breeds

It should also be said wats a black one and a plummer like with other dogs , i had a lakeland x patt that steamed into to 2 jack russels when a family was chillin on the Park, nightmare , my plummers a bit is a bit of a bold dog but hes not aggresive ,but its all in a dogs nature, same as any dog, pit your black patterdale against a plummer, ? i dont want to go there its all about how you bring your dogs up!