bull x whippet

lakeland92

13 year old now, the bull whippet is not for everyone and as most crosses has its limitations, brain, stamina and temper to name a few :laugh: but to be fair on the whole shes been a pleasure to own :thumbs:

She looks like shes enjoying her retirement Paulus!

Do you think adding greyhound would make for a more versatile animal?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2, litter siblings. Dam Bull, Sire 3/4 whip x 1/4 grey ( Non ped scratch whippet ' Bigland Boy '           Like I've said before, they have their faults but they'll do for me

best thing i did was make a trip for this dog. i bought it as my lads first dog when my boy was 13. midnight off here bred him. a little toppa he has being.

dam whippet bull grey sire jp whippet bull 22 tts 19mth

Posted Images

13 year old now, the bull whippet is not for everyone and as most crosses has its limitations, brain, stamina and temper to name a few :laugh: but to be fair on the whole shes been a pleasure to own :thumbs:

shes a tart :laugh:

post-896-0-69630000-1354612472_thumb.jpg

Some nice lookers there..

Would this small cross have any advantges over a cross with a grey instead of a whippet ??

faster off the mark with a better turning ability but as i said they lack top end, have no gears apart from overdrive and stamina is piss poor, but they have bags of heart and courage and a willingness to please that makes them a pleasure to own.

Paulus do you mean lack of stamina on the run or through a hard day/night's graft?

A mate of mine has one, i've seen it in action enough and it's not wanting for endurance - at least down here. I imagine she'd be pretty useless on a good winter hare on the fens, but on the same note i reckon even a decent saluki could be made to look a fool in tight cornish fields with heavy cover... Horses for courses etc, but they can make a useful addition to the team, one of the fastest , most reckless dogs i've seen through cover.

Edited to add, might be worth mentioning, she does spend a fair bit of time recovering.

Paulus do you mean lack of stamina on the run or through a hard day/night's graft?

A mate of mine has one, i've seen it in action enough and it's not wanting for endurance - at least down here. I imagine she'd be pretty useless on a good winter hare on the fens, but on the same note i reckon even a decent saluki could be made to look a fool in tight cornish fields with heavy cover... Horses for courses etc, but they can make a useful addition to the team, one of the fastest , most reckless dogs i've seen through cover.

Edited to add, might be worth mentioning, she does spend a fair bit of time recovering.

there running style is 100% full on, this speed can not be maintained over prelonged runs, but there shit off a shovel on short sprints.

by adding bit of grey in them gives them bit more leg and goes down to the parents aswell most of the time

Got a cracking half cross bull grey only this she lacks is early pace thinking about putting a pure whippet over herr in a year or two

I think these could make awesome all rounders.

Im going to watch a 1/2 Grey, 1/4 whippet, 1/4 Bull run tomorrow night. Cant wait :thumbs:

Archived