Another good Week :)

The Hounds are on fire at the moment, we met at the kennels this past Sunday and had a very good day, hounds caught one coyote after a quick 10 minute hunt and then went on to have a very nice hour and and ten minutes on another catching him in good style, as the hounds were worrying that coyote hounds took off on a third, i very quickly had to get my arse back in the saddle before i got left behind :) hounds did a very good job on this coyote and to say he was a very lucky coyote would be an understatment, hounds checked after about 30 mins of running him, i was well out of horse at his point so gave the last yote best, a good days hunting was had by all despite the very cold temps

wednesday we went to the meet a little cocky, having heard reports of coyotes right in the immediate area, as recent as the day before, but it took well over an hour and a half to find, but when they did they did a Stella job, they worked slowly for about 45 mins in a big swamp eventually pushing him out and running him in the open for about the same length of time, the hounds caught him just as he was entering a barn

The end of a good hunt on Wednesday

P1010284.jpg

Wednesday's coyoteP1010277.jpg

P1010276.jpg

• Like 5

it's suprising how big those yotes are. they would frighten the life out of my beagles lo :laugh: :laugh: lt sounds like some good hunting over there mate. i'd give my left arm for scent like that :laugh:

do those yotes hole up at all ?

• Like 1

It's looks a fair lump fella, good stuff.. Think they should scrap introducing the wolf over here and bring a few of these over!!

yeah Al he was a canny size, around the 50lbs mark, not the biggest we've caught but quite heavy

it's suprising how big those yotes are. they would frighten the life out of my beagles lo :laugh: :laugh: lt sounds like some good hunting over there mate. i'd give my left arm for scent like that :laugh:

do those yotes hole up at all ?

if the coyotes are pushed hard they'll go into culverts and like this one did an old barn, or even big stick piles

Looks a good pack of hounds you have there

Well done mate, good pics as ever :thumbs:

Cheers Matie :drinks:
  • Like 1

The Hounds are on fire at the moment, we met at the kennels this past Sunday and had a very good day, hounds caught one coyote after a quick 10 minute hunt and then went on to have a very nice hour and and ten minutes on another catching him in good style, as the hounds were worrying that coyote hounds took off on a third, i very quickly had to get my arse back in the saddle before i got left behind :) hounds did a very good job on this coyote and to say he was a very lucky coyote would be an understatment, hounds checked after about 30 mins of running him, i was well out of horse at his point so gave the last yote best, a good days hunting was had by all despite the very cold temps

wednesday we went to the meet a little cocky, having heard reports of coyotes right in the immediate area, as recent as the day before, but it took well over an hour and a half to find, but when they did they did a Stella job, they worked slowly for about 45 mins in a big swamp eventually pushing him out and running him in the open for about the same length of time, the hounds caught him just as he was entering a barn

The end of a good hunt on Wednesday

P1010284.jpg

Wednesday's coyoteP1010277.jpg

P1010276.jpg

:clapper: :clapper: fookin brill mate
  • Like 2

well done cd,its good when the scent is right,it's a pity we can't have this scent for the rest of the season,good hunting and a merry christmas,keep the young ones out there mate atb OD

Thanks mate , had a good day yesterday too, hounds did a brilliant job, the best hunt we had yesterday was an hr and 20mins but he ran in to the village so we had to give him best, the good thing about coyotes if you like hound work and hunting is they very rarely go to ground, sometimes they'll get in to a culvert or a stick pile but not that often, so if sniff if half decent and you have enough country and horse power you can have very good sustained runs of an hour or more fairly easily