Gutted

Just been out to feed the ferrets and straight away noticed my jill face down in the hutch, I thought she was dead but she moved her head as I opened the hutch. Chucked the food in to get the hob out of the way and took her in the house. Noticed bite marks on the back of her neck.....it looks like the hob has given her a pasting, possibly dispute over a rabbit head I threw in before?

Wrapped her up in my jumper and ready for a night on the couch sat up with her until the vets open in the morning.....

......and just looked down now and she's dead, absolutely gutted!!!!

Proper pissed off!!! Only had her out the day before yesterday and she did a cracking job.

RIP ratty!

sorry to hear mate unusual that.Get rid of the hob

Why get rid of him? Keep him seperate from other ferrets maybe.

Thing is they were always fine together but he's a greedy git and is twice the size of her. She was an old ferret so I don't know if it's just the usual ferret rough and tumble and it's taken its toll on her or what? He's only about 7 months old and she's bossed him a bit since I got him a couple of months ago, maybe she tried doing it at the wrong time? who knows?

Amazing how attatched you can become to the smelly little gits :thumbs:

proper gutted about this one pal, she made ferreting so easy cos once she cleared the warren she'd come and find me rather than the other way round

It doesn't help that I lost my hob a couple of months ago literally just before the season started so the only one I've got left now is a newbie who I've not had out yet!