Best Rough Coated Lines Available??

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres my 2, poachers pocket bread, blue dog excellent worker and pup coming on really well. atb strongbow

I keep both rough and smooth coated dogs and i keep them for their working ability not for their looks,but saying that i do show my dogs too during the summer ,and they do well but if they could not p

two of mine poacher pocket bred as well

Posted Images

also what did you mean by it will not live with a decent one?

Meaning you may get yours eyes opened with a different dog..

As a young lad I never owned lurchers and went out with friends( mostly being a pit pony) lol..

I always thought there dogs were amazing cause they caught rabbits.. But since owning my own dogs and mixing in different circles ,looking back these dogs would be below average.. None retrivers, hard mouthed and doubled up on anything bigger than a rabbit..

Your current dog only has to please yourself and that the really important bit,however 95% of lads on here would not even give it kennel space..

Your dogs limited. a bigger, stonger, faster and more robust lurcher when give you much more.. :yes:

Get yourself something exciting. You never know they might repeal the ban and you could have a hare and deer dog ready for action :angel:

ATB :thumbs:

• Like 3

Deary me ! busy old night on THL

Bottom line is, poeple get the dogs that they want. If they keep them happy, then they are good dogs, They might be failures in others eyes, but the owner may well be pleased as punch with them

My dog is rough, cause I wanted one, He is no world beater, so all the Hancock haters slate him, but ,, I love him, he`s mine, he catches and I wouldn`t get rid of him now.

Oh and by the way, if you do get another lurcher, don`t worry,, your old dog will still get some work, as long as you pay attention to him.

Think I`ll leave this thread to the haters .

Show dogs don`t work !!!!! HA what a load of old shit

ATB

show dogs? what they got to do with it he wants a dog for working lol

oh why do i get drawn in............sunday night and arguing with someone running a toy breed x whippet........... :icon_redface: but looking back i guess i was trying to say what giro said............i should of known better lol

crorider do what the f**k you want, if your happy running a toy breed x, by all means carry on.......... :thumbs:

Bottom line is, poeple get the dogs that they want. If they keep them happy, then they are good dogs, They might be failures in others eyes, but the owner may well be pleased as punch with them

My dog is rough, cause I wanted one, He is no world beater, so all the Hancock haters slate him, but ,, I love him, he`s mine, he catches and I wouldn`t get rid of him now.

Oh and by the way, if you do get another lurcher, don`t worry,, your old dog will still get some work, as long as you pay attention to him.

ATB

The statement was made that show dogs don`t work. which is shit !,, plenty working dogs get taken to the shows and put into the ring during the summer months,

• Like 1

ATB

The statement was made that show dogs don`t work. which is shit !,, plenty working dogs get taken to the shows and put into the ring during the summer months,

yeah by messers........... :tongue2:

• Like 2

oh why do i get drawn in............sunday night and arguing with someone running a toy breed x whippet........... :icon_redface: but looking back i guess i was trying to say what giro said............i should of known better lol

crorider do what the f**k you want, if your happy running a toy breed x, by all means carry on.......... :thumbs:

i know what you mean i wont be wasting my time on here tonight im of out with my ugly smooth coated lurcher whats already filled my freezer to the top with game :thumbs:
  • Like 1

ATB

Bugger off Stewie,, ah`m no biting !!!!! :D

• Like 1

ATB

Bugger off Stewie,, ah`m no biting !!!!! :D

:D :D

his dogs out there with his self enjoying the countryside, bagging his self a few bunnies ,,,f**k the type of dog it is, but isn't that what its all about,,getting out there and just enjoying you self doing a bit of hunting,f**k the breed...enjoy it. one man and his dog

Edited by tb25
  • Like 4

also what did you mean by it will not live with a decent one?

Meaning you may get yours eyes opened with a different dog..

As a young lad I never owned lurchers and went out with friends( mostly being a pit pony) lol..

I always thought there dogs were amazing cause they caught rabbits.. But since owning my own dogs and mixing in different circles ,looking back these dogs would be below average.. None retrivers, hard mouthed and doubled up on anything bigger than a rabbit..

Your current dog only has to please yourself and that the really important bit,however 95% of lads on here would not even give it kennel space..

Your dogs limited. a bigger, stonger, faster and more robust lurcher when give you much more.. :yes:

Get yourself something exciting. You never know they might repeal the ban and you could have a hare and deer dog ready for action :angel:

ATB :thumbs:

Cheers mate.

Always knew he was never gonna do what a purpose bred lurcher could do though, never ever claimed he was anything special, just said he was surprising for his breeding and that he'd catch his fair share of rabbits. Even if he does end up being my ferreting and mouching dog ill always find work for him and hell always get the odd go on the lamp no matter how good this other dog turns out to be

• Like 1

well i will do mate, and ill also work the new proper lurcher im getting aswell

well i will do mate, and ill also work the new proper lurcher im getting aswell

No such thing as a proper lurcher as you want better all the time :laugh: :laugh: