HI ALL IVE GOT MYSELF A 22.250 SO JUST WANDERING IF ITS WORTH WHILE PUTTING A MODERATOR ON OR NOT SOME PEOPLE SAY THAY DONT BOTHER AS THERES NOT MUCH DIFFRENCE , WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THIS PLEASE, PLUS WHATS THE BEST ROUND AS IVE BEEN TOLD THE MOST EXPENSIVE ISENT ALWAYS THE BEST, IME A TERRIER MAN BUT HAVE BIN ASKED TO SORT OUT THE FOX POPULATION ON NEW LAND WHERE THERES NOT MANY EARTHS SO RIFFLE IT HAS TO BE, YIS ALLI

Definatley will help you out Alli, if you fit one in more ways than one. On the plus it will stop the explosive sound, reduce recoil, and reduce muzzle jump. On the down side, it will not stop the bullet crack, and will obviously extend the length of the rifle.

The ASE cqb is a nice mod on a 22-250 but there is plenty to choose from.

Hope this helps a little.

HI ALL IVE GOT MYSELF A 22.250 SO JUST WANDERING IF ITS WORTH WHILE PUTTING A MODERATOR ON OR NOT SOME PEOPLE SAY THAY DONT BOTHER AS THERES NOT MUCH DIFFRENCE , WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THIS PLEASE, PLUS WHATS THE BEST ROUND AS IVE BEEN TOLD THE MOST EXPENSIVE ISENT ALWAYS THE BEST, IME A TERRIER MAN BUT HAVE BIN ASKED TO SORT OUT THE FOX POPULATION ON NEW LAND WHERE THERES NOT MANY EARTHS SO RIFFLE IT HAS TO BE, YIS ALLI

there is a big difference between using one and not using one. it does reduce sound but you can never get rid of the bullet crack. i use a reflex t8. on a .222. it does add a lot of weight to the end of your barrel. but i like this as it holds the barrel down when firing and makes it so you can see what you've shot at drop through the scope. there is very little recoil as well + you probably know, but if you dont, you cant buy a moderator unless you have been granted one on your fac, if you have, you will then need your barrel screw cutting, if not done already, then you have to buy a moderator with the same thread as your barrel lol

TIM. It's not the weight of the mod that keeps the barrel down, otherwise they would make all mods really heavy!

It's the way the mod controls the explosive pressure that reduces muzzle jump and recoil.

Might sound pedantic, but I wouldn't want someone looking to buy a heavy mod, necessarily!

Not much difference, not half, ok here is the difference, without a mod, an ear splitting boom that echos across the land in the dead of night, capable of waking the dead,a giant muzzle flash (lamping) so you cant see the fox when you pull the trigger,as apposed to a crack like a hv .22 rimmy,no muzzle flash,(see the bullet hit home) tighter groups, less recoil (40%ish) so why would you not fit one?????? just remember to take it off and wipe the threads and crown on your rifle after each use (unless you like paying for a rethread job) seriously mate,dont know about your land but some of mine I would not dream of using the .243 without one, do it. :thumbs: