advice please

In need of some advise please .i have found afew times when slipping the dog on a close range rabbit say within 5/10metres,once the rabbit runs the dog gives chase.however if the rabbit happens to make it to some longer grass and stops the dog no longer seems to see it and shoots past ,even thou the lamp is still on the now squating rabbit. As i said it only seems to be when they are very close. Would it be worth trying a filter? Thanks in advance for any answers. Hope this makes sense, just to add the dog is in his second season, 28months old .thanks

You could try a red filter but sounds like the dog is just over shotting the rabbit due to inexperiance maybe? I know you said its in the 2nd season but it probably needs more practice. Try getting it out with a more experienced dog so it can watch a few times. Atb

Morning. The dog in question is (so i am led to believe) saluki/grey/belgian shepherd/ebt and i have no idea of %. Looks more sal /grey to me but im far from expert. Dog has no probs in the day finding them in grass /hedges.on the lamp he is coming on well and also comes ferreting. I asked about the filter because is it possible that the dog gets dazzled by being close to the lamp and can no longer see the rabbit? As said no problems normally (at distance)

Has the dog done much work on the lamp..the problem you mention is usualy over come with experience..

he is a handsome feller in your avatar millet :laugh:

I thought i would put my picture up so folk can put a face to my name.. :laugh: