mentor

hi all im john 24 i live in blackpool im desperate for help this is not a new search ive been trying for sometime nw ill even pay someone who would be interested in teaching a young en and showing me the ropes i really want to get out there with the terriors working i also want to purchase my own terrior a patt or pattx as a earth dog n ratting would be my wishes i feel silly trying to find a break through like this but i want it more than anything i rang one fella who had pups and asked him the same question his responce was you mean you have no permission n no thats not what i mean i do have permisssion i just want an experianced gent who would like to teach a young en the right way and the safe way thanks all any replys would be most appericated

• Like 3

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it is not as simple as getting out there with your bulldog shovel and your b&f box/collar advice like that could destroy/kill a dog.best of luck finding someone to show you the ropes,take your tim

yes everyone has to start some where,start by going out with lads that know what there doing,you say the dogs self preservation will kick in and come away,what good will that dog be after that??

hi all im john 24 i live in blackpool im desperate for help this is not a new search ive been trying for sometime nw ill even pay someone who would be interested in teaching a young en and showing me

Doant need any one butty

Get ur sel a bulldog round nose shovel.

BaF coller or what you can afford

gat a terrier and get stuck in

I'm 25 and been at it since I wass 14 teen

Get out there and have a go.

At the end of the day its digging a hole ffs

Doant be sceard the dog doant normaly die first time out lol

Cause it is thare is too much snobbery in the hunting world

Just have a go fella

people tend to think that it is out of thair reach

best ad vice is do it ur self

U lern a lott more do ing it for your self

Every one has to start some where...,..

The dogs self prezavation order will kik in befor it gets killed and come away.........

Yes a hand would help but have sens and stay away from any big places.

And just crack on.

Just have a go fella

The dogs self prezavation order will kik in befor it gets killed and come away.........

And just crack on.

if its a good dog it will not come away at all.it will stay

you've got to start some where but starting on you're own is a bad idea. its always good to have someone with some experience to help you through, you learn alot by watching the experienced lads and how they go about things, isnt there a working terrier club near you that you could join? as for self preservation i good dog doesnt give much thought to that and will stay until the job is done, you put them in you dig them out.

• Like 3

you've got to start some where but starting on you're own is a bad idea. its always good to have someone with some experience to help you through, you learn alot by watching the experienced lads and how they go about things, isnt there a working terrier club near you that you could join? as for self preservation i good dog doesnt give much thought to that and will stay until the job is done, you put them in you dig them out.

Well thought out words of wisdom

Doant need any one butty

IMO, a more sensible solution would be to contact the Fell and Moorland Working terrier Club and find out who your local rep is.

Have a chat with him and find out when and where they hold their meetings and go along to one.

Listen and learn and hopefully you'll get an invite off one of the members.

There is, or was, a lot of good terrier lads in Lancashire but like anywhere else, I expect there's several clowns,

so don't jump in with both feet.

HTH. :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Just have a go fella

And just crack on.

This site is always good for a laugh,I love it.
  • Like 3

Doant need any one butty

you make it sound so simple, And it really isn't all that simple, It's good to get out and learn the ropes from some decent lads who know how to do it the right way and in the process you can learn what to look for in a dog and the type you want.

And it's not just digging a hole, If the lad hasn't had a bit of guidance he might not know how long to give a dog before starting digging or even locating the dog can be a task,

Atleast if he gets out with some lads and learns the ropes he will learn how to sink a decent hole and not trench or ruin an earth.

• Like 2

contact your local hunts-offer to do some puppy walking/cleaning etc-hang around and do what ever-its only time and some one will give you a break-dont be put off if they are funny at the start they dont like new faces LOL-but they will see if your tidy and help you out.YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE.GOOD LUCK MATE. :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1