Our new ferrets!

Guest ARTEMIS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would be supprised how many peeps bring home 2 kits no bigger than yours, dump them in tghe middle of the living room floor :angry: then allow there kids to maul the poor things, they then wonder why the ferrets bite :laugh: its all about ballance get it right now & you wont look back :victory:

Lovely pics of the kids btw :laugh:

love the pictures of the kids with the kits i can see that they have landed on there feet with you there much beter of than with the bloke who sold them to you what has he done with the rest of the kits??

Edited by ferret15
Okay, so SA37 is a supplement - will the Beaphar multivitamin spray or malt paste multivitamin (that we already have) be good enough - or is the SA37 superior?

Complementary feeding stuff packed full of vitamins and minerals, recognised by vets to help keep pets in good condition. Dogs and cats should benefit from regular daily use of SA-37 either as a tablet or powder mixed with their food. It helps to ensure that they get a correctly balanced supply of the essential nutrients needed to keep them in good condition, with handsome coats and healthy skins. SA-37 is especially recommended to be fed to growing puppies, pregnant or lactating bitches, and is used during periods of stress or convalescence. NOTE: SA-37 will also benefit other animals, reptiles or birds kept as domestic pets

I have not used the stuff for donkeys yrs but when i did i used to dust a day old in the stuff & they got it that way

I would get the tiny one to the vets tomorrow , ferrets can be racing about one min & dead the next, they can hide symptoms of illness untill its to late.

Personally i think the breeder needs a good kicking , i would ring the muppet & let them have both barrells :censored: , i hope & prey this little ferret makes it :yes:

People make me sick with there got to get rid attitude, if the cretin had fed free rabbit from the off & hung on to them a wee bit longer you wouldnt be having this problem, its so selfish :censored:

rabbit caught & froze cost bugger all but time, so no huge feeding bills, simple really but logic went out the window :angry:

Keep up the good work & pleeze keep us updated :yes:

Guest Lurchers2006

Its good to see ferrets being well looked after and all but I think people are taking this all a bit serious :icon_eek: Ferrets dont need "supplements" or anything like it, ARTEMIS chuck a rabbit in their with them they will be grand I dont feed 4 times a day, I dont have the time and theirs nothing wrong with any of mine :thumbs: Some people on here put pictures of their ferrets on here and their like fat bears, I like mine nice and thin. I find they hunt better when there hungry :gunsmilie:

Hope the little guy is ok :victory:

I agree with FL, They shouldnt be away from there mum yet :no: even if they are 8 weeks (looks doubtful to me) they still should have realised that they wernt ready for homing.

Personally, In my very limited experiance (dads had them most my life, but only owned them and looked after them just over a year) with Ferrets I would ditch the dry food 100%, they dont need anything to 'crunch' apart from flesh, and bone when they are older :D Try and get hold of some Rabbit, if I dont have any Rabbit or Pheasent then mine get Chicken or mince. I also get them a big cows knuckle to chew on once a week in winter, keeps them entertained :clapper:

If you have read up on american pet websites, try to forget everything you have read lol! :haha: I was looking at one the other day what said 'ferrets should never be fed meat' :rofl:

They look stunners, very dark. Good luck with them :thumbs:

H&J

Its good to see ferrets being well looked after and all but I think people are taking this all a bit serious :icon_eek: Ferrets dont need "supplements" or anything like it, ARTEMIS chuck a rabbit in their with them they will be grand I dont feed 4 times a day, I dont have the time and theirs nothing wrong with any of mine :thumbs: Some people on here put pictures of their ferrets on here and their like fat bears, I like mine nice and thin. I find they hunt better when there hungry :gunsmilie:

i agree with what you are saying for adult ferrets or even kits that where homed at the right age theses two little ones need a helping hand because they would still be getting this from there mother if it wasnt for the disonist breeder

hope the little one has picked up after eating last night :thumbs: