collie cross

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's good and not so good in all types and it's hopefully by seeing and not listening to tittle tat that forces your hand into making a decision onto the type of dog you choose? Like CP said "opini

Some 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Border Collie pup in the Countryman's Weekly. This is my 18 weeks old 3/4 bred Border Collie/Whippet bitch bred my a friend. coming well.

I meant to say dont want a dog over 26'' but i assume the advice is the same, look at the height of the parents for a rough guide

Posted Images

I'm not a fan of Collie X's, but that's just my opinion ! There are obviously some great Collie Types around and allways have been, after all, the laymans view of a Lurcher is a Collie X Greyhound ! I'd just say, make sure you get a pup from proven stock, from a genuine lad, (or lass !).

Best of luck with what you get ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

There's good and not so good in all types and it's hopefully by seeing and not listening to tittle tat that forces your hand into making a decision onto the type of dog you choose? Like CP said "opinions" are like arseholes in that we all have one..IMO a Collie x can be a great starting point when joining the ranks of the lurcher world due to their biddable and quick learning traits but be prepared to age fast if you end up with a half hearted too clever for it's own good type of dog!! I always say it's a very fine line when keeping Collie x's as to have them biddable,intelligent enough to do several tasks when it comes to hunting and yet keep on running when the going gets really tough and never think about taking the easy route of choosing it's runs or heaven forbid pull up and call it a night because it "thinks" it's done enough? Love em or loathe em the Collie x is here to stay lol

• Like 4