Bull/Greyhound x Whippet

Anyone got a dog this way bred?

I really fancy a bull cross next time around.

I've looked at the half cross or 3/8 3/8 and really like them. Also looked at the bull/whippets and they look really handy but at 17"-19" they maybe lack a little bit of height for me. 23" is the sort of height I would be after. And I really like whippet blood in any dog!

So I'm thinking maybe a really solid half cross bitch with a grafted whippet dog put over her could make cracking little workers.

Any pics or info appreciated. Cheers. Gaz.

I thought you were going too line your own bitch fellah...?

Seen a few handy bull x's seen one half x that could do everything ferret/flush/and retrevie like a spainal when out with the guns from land or water, Could rat like youve never seen with him till the moons up , That dog could just about put it mouth too anything only thing it never had was wind a hare had him beat after the min mark and he'd fade... BUT he's about the only half x i seen worth mentioning all more or less all the others were point slip types never really had that natuarl hunting brain just all brawn but great at there job in hand, But i think a splash of Saluki could go a long way in the bull x's and most x's too be fair

I think any first cross is just the starting point , Id much prefere a Bull x back too a lurcher too lurcher type, Iam not really into that half x 3/8 1/4 for myself or my form of hunting just give me a lurcher to lurcher anyday of stuff thats doing what your after

• Like 1

Tiny 7 i can ferret and lamp rabbits with my bull lurcher and he will turn his hand to anything. He will mark buries and work cover like a demon. I think given the chance most bull crosses can do most of whats asked of them.

87A209B8-BD9A-4566-9612-9583531660C9-7022-00000C20A86C152B_zpsf554d3d8.jpg

And as you can see gets in cover with the terriers no problem

433EF0D1-C497-4F32-9831-41F8E5F7B874-2526-0000042BB6F4744E_zpsc0d3ad41.jpg

• Like 1

here u go mate my bull whippet greys black bitch (dam) 1/4 bull x 3/4 grey x whippet 22 1/2 tts fawn bitch her pup 1/4 bull 1/4 whippet 1/2 grey24 tts!!

The dogs are looking awesome as always mate.

We need to reschedule that afternoon on the lure which never happened after I cancelled on you!

I thought you were going too line your own bitch fellah...?

I really aren't sure mate.

I've always had a soft spot for bull crosses and I don't think putting a bull cross over my bitch would be the way to go. But I may be wrong. A nice Bull/Whip/Grey or Bull/Sal/Grey might be the way but then that's not gonna be alot of bull in the mix.

A lad I know has got a cracking sal/bull/grey, genuine all rounder. 24" same as my bitch, which is the perfect size for me. That would be sal/collie/grey x sal/bull/grey.

But I do love these bull/whip/greys :-)

Gaz