cross bow law

nothing a matter to use them in a safe place but your not allowed to hunt with them,its a crazy law we can only use 12lb sub air guns but you can get a cross bow that can cause one hell lot damage

I am actually in favour of tightening up the law in regards to crossbows. I think they are far too poweful to be held without a FAC/licence.

We have had a few brought in to my local gun club as we do archery in a very large indoor range, they just destroyed the targets (foam and straw). They basically just exploded the targets.

It is never good to have new legislation brought in to restrict out hobby but we need to make sure that powerful weapons are treated with responsability.

I am actually in favour of tightening up the law in regards to crossbows. I think they are far too poweful to be held without a FAC/licence.

We have had a few brought in to my local gun club as we do archery in a very large indoor range, they just destroyed the targets (foam and straw). They basically just exploded the targets.

It is never good to have new legislation brought in to restrict out hobby but we need to make sure that powerful weapons are treated with responsability.

Dont see why, the news is hardly awash with crossbow related incidents.. Lots of things are dangerous when used incorrectly or by the mentally unstable but there would be no end to the list if it was decided that everything that had the potential to harm a human being had to be restricted or banned..

Dont see why, the news is hardly awash with crossbow related incidents.. Lots of things are dangerous when used incorrectly or by the mentally unstable but there would be no end to the list if it was decided that everything that had the potential to harm a human being had to be restricted or banned..

Spot on Malt :yes:

is it the same in ireland lads?

Need a firearms certificate for one over there mate :thumbs:

http://delaneysfirea...legislation.htm

Further reading here http://www.irishstat...0039/index.html but think they are illegal to hunt with as well

fook tat ive no hope in gettin firearms cert :cray:

Never know till you try mate ;) , good luck if you do apply for one :victory:

Spot on Malt :yes:

is it the same in ireland lads?

Need a firearms certificate for one over there mate :thumbs:

http://delaneysfirea...legislation.htm

Further reading here http://www.irishstat...0039/index.html but think they are illegal to hunt with as well

fook tat ive no hope in gettin firearms cert :cray:

Never know till you try mate ;) , good luck if you do apply for one :victory:

cheers i suppose i may try :thumbs: