only a few days left now

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a few pics of my bitch due pups this week          

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck,but the bitch had a hard time of it,she had 4 pups herself but had problems passing the last one,which died in the womb and she needed c section lastnight,one of th

Thanks lads,i am giving the bitch a hand feeding them as well

How old is she? I bred from a bitch at 6 1/2 years and she had a hard time of it, but the whole line were slow whelpers. If she only had 4 pups in her it's more likely the size of the pups that caused the problem, rather than her age: a huge litter will make the pups smaller, whereas only 4 means they have much more room to grow big in side the bitch.

Hope she continues to do well.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck,but the bitch had a hard time of it,she had 4 pups herself but had problems passing the last one,which died in the womb and she needed c section lastnight,one of the pups she passed herself hasn't made it but she 3 pups back with her now and she seems to be taking care of them.

and a BIG BIG thank you to Bulljack and Carl fell terrier of here ,without them my bitch and pups would be dead now,I cant say it enough lads thank fcuk there is lads like you's around me to be on hand when needed :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

445.jpg

446.jpg

Lads never again will i breed from a bitch that has never had a litter before if they are older than 4 years old

thats no problem graham i have a soft spot for that bitch myself as i know her from day one, she had me worried too but shes over it now and hopefully the pups will trive on to become future all round workers they have alot to live up to with parents like that pair, and fair play to carl he was around in no time and i finaly got a few pints in :drink:
  • Like 1

How old is she? I bred from a bitch at 6 1/2 years and she had a hard time of it, but the whole line were slow whelpers. If she only had 4 pups in her it's more likely the size of the pups that caused the problem, rather than her age: a huge litter will make the pups smaller, whereas only 4 means they have much more room to grow big in side the bitch.

She is 6 ,Penny ,she had 5 pups all together ,the first 4 she pass herself ,but the first to be born was small and she kept pushing it away,it died in the end,but the pup that was stuck was a big one and it died down in the womb,not on the way up,so she had no chance in passing it Edited by lurcher330

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck,but the bitch had a hard time of it,she had 4 pups herself but had problems passing the last one,which died in the womb and she needed c section lastnight,one of the pups she passed herself hasn't made it but she 3 pups back with her now and she seems to be taking care of them.

and a BIG BIG thank you to Bulljack and Carl fell terrier of here ,without them my bitch and pups would be dead now,I cant say it enough lads thank fcuk there is lads like you's around me to be on hand when needed :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

445.jpg

446.jpg

Lads never again will i breed from a bitch that has never had a litter before if they are older than 4 years old

thats no problem graham i have a soft spot for that bitch myself as i know her from day one, she had me worried too but shes over it now and hopefully the pups will trive on to become future all round workers they have alot to live up to with parents like that pair, and fair play to carl he was around in no time and i finaly got a few pints in :drink:

They seem to be doing well,BJ ,she is getting on with it and they are getting strong,Thanks again mate and i owe ye a few more of them pints and maybe a nice bottle of the Irish Fire water :thumbs::drink:

She is 6 ,Penny ,she had 5 pups all together ,the first 4 she pass herself ,but the first to be born was small and she kept pushing it away,it died in the end,but the pup that was stuck was a big one and it died down in the womb,not on the way up,so she had no chance in passing it

So she's not that old then: but I agree with you when you said you'll not breed again from a first time bitch older than 4. It's very tempting when a good bitch has served you well, to breed from them older, but a lot of the time you end up with dead pups and a Caesar. Years ago, one of my bitches had a very small pup which she continually lay on: never did that before or after or with any other pups. I kept trying to rescue it, but she was having none of it. In the end she stuffed it under a corner of the bedding and let it die: bitches usually know when there's something wrong with a pup: its us humans who act all soft and try to save something which has a problem. Nature usually knows best doesn't she.

• Like 1

She is 6 ,Penny ,she had 5 pups all together ,the first 4 she pass herself ,but the first to be born was small and she kept pushing it away,it died in the end,but the pup that was stuck was a big one and it died down in the womb,not on the way up,so she had no chance in passing it

So she's not that old then: but I agree with you when you said you'll not breed again from a first time bitch older than 4. It's very tempting when a good bitch has served you well, to breed from them older, but a lot of the time you end up with dead pups and a Caesar. Years ago, one of my bitches had a very small pup which she continually lay on: never did that before or after or with any other pups. I kept trying to rescue it, but she was having none of it. In the end she stuffed it under a corner of the bedding and let it die: bitches usually know when there's something wrong with a pup: its us humans who act all soft and try to save something which has a problem. Nature usually knows best doesn't she.

i put it back under her a few times but she kept rejecting it and i'd say with her still in labour with the stuck pup didn't help either