bull x

my pleasure.....fuckwit yes.gif

I guess that make's me a fuckwit as well mine was watching other dogs at 4 mths old running rabbits at 7 mths old and getting in with an older dog before 12 mths and was a single handed nobber by 14mths laugh.png

hedz another fuckwit laugh.png

when would u 1st take yours out bigdaddy?

i get mine out soon as they have had there jabs.

and they say you cant learn an old dog new tricks, theres still hope for you yet

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are good on all sorts of game mate, given the opportunity, and also given the opportunity to mature both physically and mentally, forget the fuckwits that say they should catch this and that befo

Nothing wrong with letting them catch rabbits before they are 12 months old, infact i got a bull x here that was catching bunnys at 7 month old... obviously not many and only the odd one here an t

Any dog be it well built or not too much to early is not good! i know what you mean by letting bigger dogs mature and let them grow first but imo letting them have a run every now and again wil

I have a bull x...now what are the chances on him catching bunnys before 12 month old? Baring in mind i wont b taking him out properly untill he is 8-10 months? People are telling me that he has no chance. I kmow theres plenty of bull x boys on here, so what do u guys think. Are they good on bunnys? Or just the obvious?!

your be fcuking lucky mate,if you was to compare dogs to cameras, id say a bull x is like a cheap throwaway camera,easy to use but dont take the best pictures,the asation x or a dog of that type is more like an exspensive camera which are abit more complicated , and if they ( pictures or dog) didnt turn out very good ,the reason could be is that you are naive or as thick as shit, all the best TALKCHEAP.

what the f**k is this rubish? lmfao mate shut up u tool... talk is very cheap! uve come out with some serious bolocks there fair play

• Like 1

I have a bull x...now what are the chances on him catching bunnys before 12 month old? Baring in mind i wont b taking him out properly untill he is 8-10 months? People are telling me that he has no chance. I kmow theres plenty of bull x boys on here, so what do u guys think. Are they good on bunnys? Or just the obvious?!

your be fcuking lucky mate,if you was to compare dogs to cameras, id say a bull x is like a cheap throwaway camera,easy to use but dont take the best pictures,the asation x or a dog of that type is more like an exspensive camera which are abit more complicated , and if they ( pictures or dog) didnt turn out very good ,the reason could be is that you are naive or as thick as shit, all the best TALKCHEAP.

what the f**k is this rubish? lmfao mate shut up u tool... talk is very cheap! uve come out with some serious bolocks there fair play

:laugh:

i was allways told to restrict running hard until over 12 months and only short exercise runs over 10 months not hunting at all . if the dogs bred right the hunting is instinctive!

all the training as mentioned is far more important than a premature kill , let then carcase rag etc etc until then .

its more to do with lung damage (tears to many blood vesils that scar) called broken wind . and muscle and joint damadge . all those things can and will happen to a young dog .

im probably well out of date now tho as iv not run a lurcher in a few years , but i was taught by belvoir fox hounds whips and masters when i was a kid skinning for them and from lots of greyhound guys . like i say im probably out of date with all this but iv allways stuck to it . not all my dogs have been good , but they dint make the grade for other reasons not damaged organs limbs etc .

• Like 1
Guest bigdaddylongchopper

says the man whos malx pulls up on hares :laugh: bays and pulls up,it just cant get no worse for you can it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the truth is out we all now know the score.

Edited by bigdaddylongchopper

i was allways told to restrict running hard until over 12 months and only short exercise runs over 10 months not hunting at all . if the dogs bred right the hunting is instinctive!

all the training as mentioned is far more important than a premature kill , let then carcase rag etc etc until then .

its more to do with lung damage (tears to many blood vesils that scar) called broken wind . and muscle and joint damadge . all those things can and will happen to a young dog .

im probably well out of date now tho as iv not run a lurcher in a few years , but i was taught by belvoir fox hounds whips and masters when i was a kid skinning for them and from lots of greyhound guys . like i say im probably out of date with all this but iv allways stuck to it . not all my dogs have been good , but they dint make the grade for other reasons not damaged organs limbs etc .

Your far from out of date mate, you are bang on the money, and put accross very well i may add.

ATB

they are good on all sorts of game mate, given the opportunity, and also given the opportunity to mature both physically and mentally, forget the fuckwits that say they should catch this and that before they are 12 months old....... let the bones set, the mind mature, you'll get enough pleasure from him / her in the fullnes of time, trust me, learn them the manners and right from wrong as best you can THEN worry about introducing them to game, you'll be glad you did.

best of luck

B

you seem to know what your talking about but what do you mean by let the bones set

Any dog that may be a strong or heavy type as a pup needs to have excercise yes, but as young dogs / saplings are growing, the bones are soft in comparison to when they are adults, like children really, any hard running at this tender stage ( and lets admit it, an pup worth their salt will bust a gut to get to a rabbit even as a pup), this sort of extreme excercise can and will possibly cause danage to bones that have not set, or hardened off if you like. Any dog, but especially a running dog with bull in it needs to be taught manners before it gets a sniff at any sort of game, the growing time allows this naturally, so when your dog is mentally and physically ready for work, as has been said, its instinct and breeding will supply all the incentive it needs. This is only my humble opinion, others have theyr opinion which i accept may be different to mine. But I aint about to change what i do and have done for a long time, simply because i know it works, it lets your charge mature, and gives you that essential one on one time with your dg to teach it manners. You reap what you sew.

Regards

B

• Like 1

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c**t... me

says the man whos malx pulls up on hares :laugh: bays and pulls up,it just cant get no worse for you can it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the truth is out we all now know the score.

They did save a man from certain death of a stampeading herd of cow's though and they catch bunnys by moonlight so they do have there use's :yes::laugh:

not a bull fan but get him out and about show him the lamp and take him out with a good working dog and by the time he's ready he will be jumping and watching the beam and he will know what to do! Don't wait till he's 8 / 10 months get him out now!