Transporting my dog

So I got a new car, a saloon. It's immaculate, no really, in fact it's too fcuking clean for me.

I am more used to carrying bales of hay, bags of seaweed, cement and other assorted crap as well as out collie/kelpie sheepdog.

Now my last car wasn't immaculate. One of the young lads friends once asked me "John, what's that smell?"

I replied "I don't know Darragh, but if you find it I'll let you keep it", generous to a fault me :yes:

There is only so much borrowing of the old mans car I can do before getting told to PFO, without the P :laugh:

The rear seats don't fold forward, I didn't realise this before I made the purchase. So I am thinking the boot is out.

I guess that leaves me with either a dog trailer or one of those dog carrying boxes that attach to a towbar (which I must also get).

Problem with Mr Dog is he doesn't do clean, or sit for that matter :laugh: and that combination doesn't go well with clean.

I thought I'd ask if there was anything else worth considering, or any decent makes/models of my own suggestions :thumbs:

ATB,

John

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John,   I have the same problem myself, I bought a new car in February (well new for me anyway).   Up to that I had a 14 year old fiesta which suited me and I didn't mind it getting dirty or smell

no hes not lol.

Gamerroster - 2 Specsaver's - 0  

learn it to sit still, I hate dogs that jump all other the place when driving :censored:

He's hyper, thought it may have been his food so changed it, it's his nature :laugh: But he's very good natured, friendly, good working dog.

shoot the dog ! :D he'll sit still then lol :boogy:

True, but he'd be a bit slower rounding up the sheep for me if I did that.

john just done a search theres loads on gumtree for sale on your side of the water some nice ones to atb :thumbs: john

Hadn't thought of that site, thanks John.

a good old multi purpose trailer sounds the way to go john ... :thumbs: or get yourself a smelly little van ..

I would have bought a van, except I needed at least three seats and the three seat vans available didn't do anything for me, save for the hi ace :laugh:

John,

I have the same problem myself, I bought a new car in February (well new for me anyway).

Up to that I had a 14 year old fiesta which suited me and I didn't mind it getting dirty or smelly.

I was looking into the dog transport boxes that fits onto the tow bar. I keep terriers so I think one of these would be handy for me.

However I was wondering what peoples opinions are on these boxes? Do any lads on here use them? I was thinking of making one myself with two compartments, but the only difficulty I see for me is making/buying the part that fits onto the tow bar?

They are also advertised on Done Deal and go for about €300 to €350 new.

Apologies for jumping on your thread, but hopefully the replies will be helpful to both of us.

Thanks,

• Like 1

I was looking at those boxes too. If I could get one that would fit on the front of the sheep trailer as well as the tow bar of the car I'd be sorted, as I could then bring the dog while towing the sheep trailer. Where as with a dedicated dog trailer that won't work, and the sheep tend to laugh at me when I don't bring the dog, miserable b*****ds :laugh:

It might be the way to go :hmm:

I know I read before people saying about what if you get rear ended, good bye doggie, but I've never had it happen in the years I've been driving and imagine a small trailer wouldn't fare too much better.