• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few sparra hawks from the other week..hope you like them,,       This one got a chaffie     This one was sneaking in for the chaffies         and a couple of ospreys from the summer..

What you cant see on the first is the mouse in its claws..   Thanks for the comments guys  

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.. The hide was set up about 10 yards from the post we set up for the bird to come to, the one on the ground with the kill was closer.. The ospreys were further,

Great shots as usual! :good: Would you mind if I used that first one as wallpaper for my ipad? I've still got the one of a stag you posted ages ago on my desktop! :D:thumbs:

NO PROBS MATIE

Thanks! :good:

Brilliant Romany. Sparrowhawks are on the increase everywhere. Here in Staffordshire sparrowhawks and buzzards are a fairly regular daily sight.

Only the other day I was sitting under an oak tree in the fields with my Weihrauch HW97K air rifle .

I was squirreling. As I was having a fag a sparrowhawk flashed in yards from me and had a small bird. Almost certainly a dunnock or maybe a robin. I startled it and it flew off with the bird in it's talons. It's not the first time Iv'e witnessed this.

Pity you were not there with your camera Romany !

All the best ,

Phill.k.