Pics Of My Saluki

a dont get it it seems to make sence start catchin plenty easy prey no matter what age then good runin about chasin nothin not tryin to be a prik

I noticed you run a bitch? they are known for maturing earlier than dogs mate, I agree on the whole that 'most' saluki 'dogs' do take longer to mature mentaly. Physicaly they can be right or as near as right be nine /12month, just cos the body can don't mean the mind can and will allow the body too...... its all fine having a little looksee slip, but be prepared to see summat ya dont wanna see...after all its just a looksee lol its at that point most simply sell on said dog another one on the merrygoround, mind I do conceed theres always an exception to the rules..... each dog is an individual and should be treated as such, the man on the end of the lead should know the right day to let fly :thumbs:

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His 20 month old now, my pure saluki and coming on well, plenty of stamina ect, 26 and a half''. Brookie off here bred him, sound man is Brookie. Some pics below, i am not the best with the camera,

ther wouldnt be many breeds faster than a good full sal. and they can keep it up .. ! they wouldnt have been bred for x thousand years to catch gazzell if they wornt quck

catching and killing game was never the problem, like I said physically he was right, it was bits like recall etc where he failed or simply learning to end the course when he had the better of thehare

Posted Images

If you run an immature and it gets disillusioned then you will spoil the hound. Pure salukis are very individual hounds and each will be different. As a servant of several pures they let me know when they are ready to work.

*Ireland*

• Like 1

here relax nice lookin dog get it out get its teeth goin or it will n e ver mature 3/4 lightin up get it out kik them up

catching and killing game was never the problem, like I said physically he was right, it was bits like recall etc where he failed or simply learning to end the course when he had the better of thehare, but I seen him catch them and then let em go and wait till they away to start coursin them again and he lost a few like that, what he killed took ages to get off him and thats if he never ate it or buried it, frustrating as fook at times but likesay with time and patience it all comes.........

• Like 4

a dont get it it seems to make sence start catchin plenty easy prey no matter what age then good runin about chasin nothin not tryin to be a prik

I noticed you run a bitch? they are known for maturing earlier than dogs mate, I agree on the whole that 'most' saluki 'dogs' do take longer to mature mentaly. Physicaly they can be right or as near as right be nine /12month, just cos the body can don't mean the mind can and will allow the body too...... its all fine having a little looksee slip, but be prepared to see summat ya dont wanna see...after all its just a looksee lol its at that point most simply sell on said dog another one on the merrygoround, mind I do conceed theres always an exception to the rules..... each dog is an individual and should be treated as such, the man on the end of the lead should know the right day to let fly :thumbs:

never seen a saluki yet physically or mentally mature at 9/12 months old Seen them kill at 8 months but that proves nothing they still have a lot of wrinkles to sort out
  • Like 3

His 20 month old now, my pure saluki and coming on well, plenty of stamina ect, 26 and a half''.

Brookie off here bred him, sound man is Brookie. :thumbs:

Some pics below, i am not the best with the camera, trying to get use to using it.. :icon_redface:

Pip-bog5.jpg

Pip-bog3.jpg

Pip-bog6.jpg

pip-bog7.jpg

Pip-bog8.jpg

Pip-bog2.jpg

Pip-bog1.jpg

Pip-bog10.jpg

Pip-bog11.jpg

hes a fantastic lookin dog and i hope he turns out a real good,n for you pal
  • 4 weeks later...

His 20 month old now, my pure saluki and coming on well, plenty of stamina ect, 26 and a half''.

Brookie off here bred him, sound man is Brookie. :thumbs:

Some pics below, i am not the best with the camera, trying to get use to using it.. :icon_redface:

Pip-bog5.jpg

Pip-bog3.jpg

Pip-bog6.jpg

pip-bog7.jpg

Pip-bog8.jpg

Pip-bog2.jpg

Pip-bog1.jpg

Pip-bog10.jpg

Pip-bog11.jpg

class looking dog mate atb with him