Pics Of My Saluki

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His 20 month old now, my pure saluki and coming on well, plenty of stamina ect, 26 and a half''. Brookie off here bred him, sound man is Brookie. Some pics below, i am not the best with the camera,

ther wouldnt be many breeds faster than a good full sal. and they can keep it up .. ! they wouldnt have been bred for x thousand years to catch gazzell if they wornt quck

catching and killing game was never the problem, like I said physically he was right, it was bits like recall etc where he failed or simply learning to end the course when he had the better of thehare

Posted Images

Its just my opinion lads its hard to get a good one ive seen allot of dem run preban and to my opinion they lack speed.and posh p***y you knob why do i look like a tard for giving my opinion

Your words were "a lot of salukis lack speed".

This is statement that could seriously cause confusion to someone knew to the game.

They are the ultimate running machine bred over centuries to course gazelle. Why would they be the weapon of choice if they were slow dogs lacking pace?

Crossed with greyhounds and whippets to speed them up. Lol.

• Like 1

Its just my opinion lads its hard to get a good one ive seen allot of dem run preban and to my opinion they lack speed.and posh p***y you knob why do i look like a tard for giving my opinion

I am 62 and been round them all my life same as with any dogs some dont make the grade but given the right lines correct rearing and the right man on the slip a genuine saluki will do more long ones in a day than a x Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

Also - Saying "it's hard to get a good one" is a totally different thing to saying "most of them are slow".

Iv seen about 30 or 40 full salukis run in my time and had afew myself and i only ever seen about 5maybe6 that were anygood on preban stuff (hares)yes they could run all day but taking along time to make any ground on a hare.and my favourite breed is the salukis as they add so much to lurchers

Smashing looking young dog you have there good man hope he works out for you :thumbs:

Thanks Iceman.

He is a funny character, great to watch, he is quiet in his kennel and a pleasure to own, obedient and sociable, its the way they are brought up i think that makes a difference to them.

His had 1 ferreted rabbit and he ran it well, on top of it and plenty of speed to take it.

I have run him on bogland, which can be dodgy here, as its rough ect, he flies threw it.!

Thanks for the positive comments. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lovely dog that gm we get out for a run one of the days soon ,I an going to go for a spot of lamping tonight as lad I know wants to get into,your full saluki looks very nice he fine animal best of luck with that boyo gm

:thumbs:

Good luck with the lamping Captain, good night for it coming up.