PURSE NETS ?

A lot has been written about purse nets over the yrs, about their size,their shape, the twin their made from, and even the colour their made in. Each of us has our own fav colour that we like our nets to be made from to aid us in retriving them at the end of working the warren, some favour weight, some yellow, some red and some of us just dont realy care as long as they catch rabbits.

The question i want to ask all ferreters is this; do you have any views on if the colour of the net has any effect as to the willingness of a rabbit to bolt? By this i meen do you think a nets colour makes it stand out more by way of siloutte (?) against the skys backdrop? we all know that quietness around a warren and the abilities of our ferrets to get the rabbits moving is a major factor but have any of you ever given the question of colour and siloutte any thought? :hmm:

MC,

Because the rabbit would see the net in silhouette only it would look black against the daylight anyway I would think, and I also think I am right in saying that rabbits only see in monochrome parts of the spectrum (ie black and white) so that shouldn't make much difference I don't think.

As for rabbits running in to purse nets from outside (backnetting etc) then I have not had a rabbit shy away from a net just because of its colour myself.

I always prefered a natural coloured net (green, sand, bieges etc) but always insisted upon a white drawcord. These days I am willing to try any colour and my latest batch of spun polyester purse nets have got scarlet drawcords which look just the job to me. With spun nylon available in white and ready to dye then the sky is the limit, and red, yellow or blue nets would help you to find them and watch them more easily which are both important factors.

It is all down to personal preference I think.

OTC

Have you been in my kitchen OBE, as thats my fecking worktop :blink: , they look nice nets, when you have learnt how to use them they should catch rabbits for you :whistle: :laugh:

Have you been in my kitchen OBE, as thats my fecking worktop :blink: , they look nice nets, when you have learnt how to use them they should catch rabbits for you :whistle: :laugh:

Worktop ? thats me living room floor you crazy fool :laugh: . I'll show you how to use them Compo on my next visit "Darn Sarf" when I meet you and the other trainee.

Worktop ? thats me living room floor you crazy fool :laugh: . I'll show you how to use them Compo on my next visit "Darn Sarf" when I meet you and the other trainee.

The other trainee being Mally then , when you two trainee's come for your next lesson, with the two jedi ferreting masters down sarf :clapper::clapper:

why have you used worksurfaces for the floor?? you crazy fool!

i have blue nets, black nets,green nets,white too doesnt make any differance !

when i first got the blue ones i thought i would dye them but after using them a couple of times

i realised it made no differance ! :D

nice nets Ricky