Patterdale cross breeding with Staffs

i had to go to the first page to reread the question,what is the point of crossing patterdales with staffs.in dorset when my grandad was alive the country village pub he used,the old time locals talked of small staffs or fighting dogs as they were called being used as draw dogs at end of fox and badger digs.they crossed too improve gameness and head quality in the terriers.it was to be honest also used if they wanted pups and didnt have or afford a stud terrier this is mainly jrs,or mixed breed terriers. where i live now there was a dog like poachers old terrier 3 yrs ago. first x jr/staff it got a rep as a cat mangler and either the family moved or the dog vanished.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

jus bought myself a pit pat dog, he carries 1/4 bull and 3/4 pat, father copper from nuttall yard mother half cross bull to patt, Pups bin bred to slow em down a bit as mother didnt feel pain and wernt baying at all. only 8 week old, hoping he'l make 12' ish to shoulder so can slip down them charli holes. Carrying a big peanut alreadi will try and get sum pics up of him

• 2 weeks later...
Reading all the replies to your question Pipey and the answer lies within; lads that put staff blood in their terriers had over hard dogs that died young

or spent more time healing than hunting......"if it aint broke dont fix it". a.t.b.Burrowman.

i also heard that idiots were breeding patts with staffs and pitbulls for fighting and all that wannabr gangsta shit they do.

probly rong though.lol

I dont think there's any point in it if you've got the right stuff to start with,and if you have'nt got the right stuff dont breed it with anything.I dont think Buck or Breay ever used bull terrier blood in their lines.

maybe i was misinformed (SP) on buck or breay using a bull blooded terrier very early on

in the breeding program they had, but i was only told this, and also that they used this dog as

a seizure dog at the end of a dig, but then maybe i was told wrong again????

all i do know is that they only bred from the gamest /best working terriers that they had or could

use,,, not like nowa days where the dogs are churned out for profit,, with hardly a thought

about working abilaty(SP sorry),, :hmm:

buck and breay did use bull blood in there breeding as white socks were common in there dogs through the years and this is a sign of bool blood.

cheers Jamie

Reading all the replies to your question Pipey and the answer lies within; lads that put staff blood in their terriers had over hard dogs that died young

or spent more time healing than hunting......"if it aint broke dont fix it". a.t.b.Burrowman.

i also heard that idiots were breeding patts with staffs and pitbulls for fighting and all that wannabr gangsta shit they do.

probly rong though.lol

Your wrong, trying to confuse patts with fighting dogs :nono:

hows he bred paul,i see your in w yorks,any charlie/kilo blood in him ?

cheers.

he is wheeler mate to be honest im not sure about what dogs he is out of i seen him and had him on a trial and he did well so thats all that i was bothered about he only had 2 digs and seems game on a little bit too game at the moment but hopefully with experience he will start to use his noggin