Rabbiting on the hill with a White Hart today

Guest Leveller

We have a true white hart just down the road from my front door at the moment, great to watch, docile as hell, almost to the point of it couldn't give a sh@t about you being there!!! But this is a white, red stag if that make sense? There are also 4 generations of white hinds in one of the groups I've been watching over the years. Nice pictures Leveller looks like you had a pleasant day :thumbs:.

Guest Leveller

do you always allow your dogs to grab netted rabbits or do they simply pin them down till you get there .cheers :thumbs:

I don't like it personaly I like the dog to cover a netted rabbit but if it mouths it a bit it's not the end of the world she is young, keen and it's all education. However in her defence if you look closely at the series of pictures you will see that the rabbit had actually bolted from a hole we missed when netting up and so the dog was running it and it got back netted as she grabbed it so in my eyes it's not the same as holding a netted rabbit because she'd made contact as it hit the net from the outside going in and I can't fault her for that.

Well done for noticing that though and to be honest I thought some smart arse would've picked up on that long before 14 posts into the topic :victory: