Saluki x collie x grey

6a822bb6.jpg

c7887f4c.jpg

Saluki/Collie/Grey. Only had her 6 months and took it really steady with her back end of the season. Gonna hammer her this season to see what she's got.

Excellent thinker, prey drive through the roof, very loyal, very steady when not working (at home, with kids, good in kennel etc), only problem is she doesn't retrieve, she just stands off with them about 15 feet away and i have to walk to her to take them but I haven't had her from a Pup and I'm hoping to fix this in the coming season.

I would love a pup of this breeding and if she impresses me over these next couple of seasons then I will put a similar bred dog over her to keep a pup back.

Gaz

• Like 1

a bloke i know had a colliexgrey x salukix grey in the 80s, big dog 27in but very agile good on rabbits and took few daytime hares. Had it 13 years, and it would still get good bag of rabbits at 10 years old :thumbs: , would tackle foxes as well , if it comes out right a very good x .!

Pic of mine mate

He's 17month now and really proving his worth, done a lot of lamping in his early days and fone well biggest bag was 20odd when he was 12-13month but he's now onto a lot more daytime stuff and he's doing we'll, I had a saluki grey whippet before which was abit head strong and moody but I think with the collie added in its a great cross, everything you need for an all rounder.

photo_zpse32d886c.jpg

Saluki/lurcher cross collie /lurcher. My best ever bitch long gone but never forgotten.

ferretingpics165.jpg

nice lookin dog and nice to hear you havin fond memories

thank you. i have a lot of good memories of this bitch. :thumbs: