mate handed me a copy of daily mail from tuesday and i saw a pic of 3 white ravens with blue eyes!!!! apparently found "in a bush" and starving in a co durham churchyard..... they all look fledged but surely this cannot be coincidence????

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: Eh? WTF?!

Ok, JD. Let's try to examine this as scientifically as we can here. To start with: Are Ravens currently known to be found in Co. Durham? 2. If so, are they nesting there?

Ok, fact that they appear fledged brings in the possibility that they may have flown in?

Obviously, it sounds more like someone dumped them there. So who in hell's breeding such birds then chucking them out? And Why???

F*cking Twilight Zone material, mate!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yeppers. Just got back from Google News myself, where I was reading that article. Now it's all becoming a bit clearer!

Ravens, to the best of my learning, are extremely long lived and pair for that life, no? They're also given, I believe, to site fidelity.

So; No one there " Experts " included made a fuss about ravens breeding in that churchyard, per se. So it seems, yeppers, ravens are known to breed in Co. Durham.

Rest isn't rocket science then, is it? The pair nesting there have a genetic glitch between them. Makes them throw leucisctic offspring. I wonder if All their young are like this, or if it's more hit and miss and they hatch normal chicks in other years?

I'll bet JD would like to get a look at the eggs of this pair as much as I would too! Crazy notion, but ye have to wonder if the shell colouration might be irregular too, eh?

Ditch i have bred quit a few mutation birds and there egg shells have always been the same color as there normal counterparts. IMO the white birds in question are crows not ravens wouldn't be the first time the papers got it wrong :hmm:

Ditch i have bred quit a few mutation birds and there egg shells have always been the same color as there normal counterparts. IMO the white birds in question are crows not ravens wouldn't be the first time the papers got it wrong :hmm:

i was thinking that Butler, but the beaks do look overly long and very much like a raven...the trio had blue eyes too....

"parrot food"...are they having a laugh!!!!!!

even if they were crows, it would be a billion to one chance for all three to have occured.... its the blue eyes that are most strange....the leuistic birds i have seen have all had "normal" pupils.... :icon_eek:

somethings odd.... :blink:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Look like Carrion Crows to me too, guys. Though that woman had one till adult? 'Mind you, that's why I put the word 'Experts' in parenthesis! :whistle: People in 'nice' jumpers so seldon have a clue what the f*ck they're on about. I wonder what half those " Experts " wear .....

Can't help thinking; Wouldn't that site make a Great mission for JD and Lamper? I'll bet between the pair of you lads we'd have this thing cracked wide open in no time! With photo's! :clapper:

TF; Why don't Tony and his cronies like the RSPB then, mate? I'm out of the loop now so don't get to hear about such juicy gossip!

BTO site? Man! I'd never even found that part of it before! Brilliant!

I was a long standing member of their Garden Bird Watch. I also have my Nest Recording Scheme gear stashed away here somewhere. God, how I miss all that! :cry:

I'm gonna check out Irish Birds / Birding, what ever it is. Failing that, I may well write and beg the BTO to let me join back in! If I was in Ulster they'd let me. What f*cking differance can an hours car journeys distance make?

I'm a bit of a data compilation junky. I need to record shit! Just need someone to need what I get! :D

I was looking for the information about the little fallout but could'nt find it :blink: But i found this that gave me a chuckle as it did first time around :laugh:

Magpie Bounty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../27/nrspb27.xml

and a interesting response from one of the men that put up the Bounty :laugh:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...t0601.xml#head1

Maybe the "Ravens/Crows/Jackdaws" are clones :hmm:http://www.gene.ch/genet/2001/Aug/msg00061.html

WELL LADS ,

IVE SEEN A MAGPIE THAT WAS LIGHT TAN COLOURED WHERE THE BLACK SHOULD BE , FECK ME NEVER DID TAKE MANY PHOTOS :no:

RAVENS IN COUNTY DURHAM ? .............. DEFINATELY ;) .............. A PAIR NESTING ON THE BORDERS OF ANOTHER COUNTY .....

MORE OUT THERE THAN YOU THINK........... WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR :whistle:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING ;)