rattus norvegicus the brown rat and swill fed piggery's.

hello to you all,i'm keith j.bin hunting now for over 30 years,hunted most legal game.can anyone remember the glorious swill fed piggery's,i spent years hunting such places in pursuit of the brown rat,and had many a good hunt.i got my first terrier when i was 10 year old nd never looked back,first time on site so just a few words for now.

• Like 1

hello to you all,i'm keith j.bin hunting now for over 30 years,hunted most legal game.can anyone remember the glorious swill fed piggery's,i spent years hunting such places in pursuit of the brown rat,and had many a good hunt.i got my first terrier when i was 10 year old nd never looked back,first time on site so just a few words for now.

well come to the mad house inbetween all the bullshit and rubbish there are some good lads on her what type terriers you keep at minute

robert

well come to the mad house inbetween all the bullshit and rubbish there are some good lads on her what type terriers you keep at minute

robert

alrigh rob ,i own small plummer bitch at moment tidy sort good grafter,also own merle hill collie,our pack consists of another plummer dog ^&border terrier bitch.up untill 8 year ago always had russells,what dogs you keep yourself like bud.

Welcome to the forum Keith :thumbs: my grandad used to keep pigs in PeelGreen , :thumbs: Eccles till approx 40 years ago,I can remember my mam taking me down there to see the new born piglets,when she was a kid my grandad brought home any runts and shed bottle feed em in front of the fire!He had a big boiler there (i can still smell it now) he had a horse and cart and everybody local kept there scrapsfor him ,a few times a week he would take his cart on his round picking up the pig bucket contents.Sadly he passed away when I was only young,so didnt really get to spend a lot of time with him,apparently it broke his heart every time the pigs were sent to slaughter.The land was CPOd and the M60 runs through it now :bad: It is just 1/2 mile from the Trafford Centre :bad: My interest in animals came from him no doubt,my 68 year old mams as bad :D shes quite happy picking up my ferrets/chickens,my dad looks horrified and backs away :laugh: ATB Dave

robert

alrigh rob ,i own small plummer bitch at moment tidy sort good grafter,also own merle hill collie,our pack consists of another plummer dog ^&border terrier bitch.up untill 8 year ago always had russells,what dogs you keep yourself like bud.

just the one lakeland it minute but 5 hounds welsh hound and few welsh x harrier and a lurcher pup do you just hunt rats with your we pack how do you find the plumber as a worker hear good and bad

robert

here good and bad with all breeds rob,but my personal experience i find plummers very hard working intelligent little terriers.havent done any earth work with mine [but no people who have with good results]mostly use mine to hunt rat and flush rabbits,wich i do on a regular basis and thoroughly enjoy it mate.have no doubt that the little bitch of mine would work other stuff but i,m happy with what i do bud.do get out much with hounds nd terrier.