Never heard of this...

Got my FAC the other day... .22lr, .308 + mods.

Wording for .22 is vermin, ground game, zeroing etc.

Wording for .308 is deer, zeroing etc.

I rang the FLD and told them they missed out fox on the .308, she went away, spoke to the sergeant and..........

Apparently, the condition on my .308 allows me to shoot any animal in the uk (legally), up to the size of a red deer :icon_eek:

I'm asking for that in writing but phone calls are logged anyway, she said if I got pulled at night they'd set the record straight with whoever stopped me!

Anyone else heard of this?

I was under the impression that the wording was very specific?

If anyone wants it word for word let me know...

Hi mine has the .308 rifle and ammunition shall be used for shooting fox and deer as prescibed under the deer firearms act order 1985 on land in scotland and zeroing on ranges or any land in great britain suitable for the use of such a weapon where the certificate holder has authority to shoot

the deer firearms act order 1985 on land in scotland and zeroing on ranges or any land in great britain suitable for the use of such a weapon where the certificate holder has authority to shoot

---------------------------------

Gaining Truth of Life From TVs --- How I Met Your Mother Season 7 DVD, Just Enjoy Yourself for Fun!

f**k off yah spamming twat

the deer firearms act order 1985 on land in scotland and zeroing on ranges or any land in great britain suitable for the use of such a weapon where the certificate holder has authority to shoot

---------------------------------

Gaining Truth of Life From TVs --- How I Met Your Mother Season 7 DVD, Just Enjoy Yourself for Fun!

f**k off yah spamming twat

:laugh: :laugh:

I put in for aolq just on the off chance, apparently a 1 (D) condition covers all deer and anything below, just not boar.

I'm getting it in writing so if I get pulled at night I'm covered.

Couldn't see any other legal quarry on it but I will check it for the hundredth time today!

• 2 weeks later...

I put in for aolq just on the off chance, apparently a 1 (D) condition covers all deer and anything below, just not boar.

I'm getting it in writing so if I get pulled at night I'm covered.

Couldn't see any other legal quarry on it but I will check it for the hundredth time today!

Phone up and ask for stevie white at fettes firearms dept. he will keep you right ;)

I have just put in for a variation for a 308. and was told to ask for Deer, Boar, Fox while out stalking, and any legal Quarry. :hmm:

Also the 'Fox while out stalking' would mean that you couldn't legally go lamping for Fox.

Some of the conditions, and wording of such are stupid to say the least.