Show us your home-made ferret court!

Guest ARTEMIS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blando does the wheel thingy keep em fit?I have 6 hutches and 2 are vacant but would love a court/shed job.Maybe someday :(

only just built it but they love playing in it, but i have a feeling it will wear off and it will get very little use, but who knows.

Artemis, I started all off with all the toys etc they dont use them :no:

All a Ferret needs is a good clean cage or court, and a decent bed :thumbs-up: Water and food too, obviously.

I got a tube at the bottom of my Hutch, all they do is stash food in it (little b*****ds lol) and give them big cow bones from the Butchers everynow and again, thats all I use anyway

Im interested to find out about the squeeky toy for training? :blink::laugh:

Edited by Hob&Jill
Cor,

this thread really should be called 'Pimp my Court'. Some nice looking set ups here.

Mine is still under construction and time is running out, only have 4-5 weeks before I pick up the kits.

This is how it looked a little while ago:

2cxizj7.jpg

and now with some of the shuttering and part of the floor laid:

5z2mvxl.jpg

Still alot of work to do. But by the end of this week, I am hoping to have the ceiling in and the front mesh done.

/Mad

Do you not find it exciting building the court? I found that I just went with the flow and let it take shape without having a plan

get down to your builders merchants and buy a couple of metres of land drain (its 100mm flexible pipe with tiny holes in it ) its fairly cheap and you can bend it any way you want , gives the ferrets more of an idea about going up and down different levels like a warren .

Do you not find it exciting building the court? I found that I just went with the flow and let it take shape without having a plan

Has been very exciting and am enjoying every moment. But, it has been planned from conception to completion and I know exactly what I am doing at every stage.

I suppose that is my nature, I am a systems/storage manager in IT and everything has to be planned or you are stuffed!

get down to your builders merchants and buy a couple of metres of land drain (its 100mm flexible pipe with tiny holes in it ) its fairly cheap and you can bend it any way you want , gives the ferrets more of an idea about going up and down different levels like a warren .

My next door neighbour is the herdsman for the estate we live on, he is bringing round some AG pipe on his tractor next week. He also dropped off a tonne of road plannings and another tonne of sand for the concrete base. So not only was it free, it is also recycled as it is old road surface.

Once the framework is completed, I will be building several platforms all connected via the pipe, they should be able to move all around the court via platforms & pipes.

/Mad

Ferrets will play with anything. Don't bother with expensive toys, mine have old boots, cardboard boxes, flower pots, in fact, they love anything they can get into!

Just chuck things in and watch the mayhem!!

Ferret