What shotgun for a complete newbie?

Hi All

I'm in the process of getting my shotgun licence. Got the form filled out and ready to send, im no the trail of a cabinet and my springer is ready and waiting for me (he doesnt realise he wont be needed for a while but dont tell him that) but thought I would ask the more experienced on which gun i should be looking at.

Ive done a little bit of clay shooting but fully intend on turning that into a lot of clay shooting and then later on a friend of mine has told me he will take me out on his permissions with him.

Get a 12 bore over and under and you won't go fair wrong good all rounder, as long as you point it straight it will smash Clays and kills anything that you point it a

Good advice there. If you are looking to buy something second hand that is very reliable and good value for money, buy a Lanber. These guns will last a lifetime if looked after, and gunsmiths like working on them because they are of simple construction.

John ;)

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

Edited by mjr88

Think wisely to what you are going to buy and more so for what you will use it for...!

Not wise to have a nice bit of wood on a shotgun that,s going to get knocked and bashed while out on permission shooting vermin...!

been there done that.... :huh:

Did clays for a bit then fell in love with crop protection and pest control, sold the Beretta Silver Pigeon s for a Semi auto in synthetic and had cash in my pocket too.

The Berretta was getting knocked and not the sort of shotgun I want to be getting knocked and scratched while in a hide or in woods.

Unless you can afford to have a two.....

lee.

'leepieman123' timestamp='1347444722' post='2800344']

You can get a baikal for 100 up.good relibale gun.bulletproof.if moneys no problem it realy up to you mate.atb leepie

That was my thought ,for a first gun for rabbit or pigeon decoying you wont go wrong with a Baikal