After a bit of reasearch ive found it should be about 4-5mm.. just need to get a drill now lol

and as for letting gunshop do it.. they have had about 4hours since it arrived to me picking it up to do it for me..they werent mega busy either when i got there. i said id wait 5mins and there was only me and one other customer but he said he didnt have time

in my oppinion if they can sell me 2 brand new £300+ guns within 2 weeks id expect to 'jump the que' and they could have quickly drilled me a hole before i walked out of the shop.. i dont think thats too much to ask.. not good service in my books.. oh well il do it myself..rather than leaving it there another 2 weeks until they 'have time' for a 2 minute job. rant over

Drill some test holes in a bit of hard wood first. Just be careful and take your time. On the stock, mark it by giving a nail a slight tap, not too hard, where you are going to drill the hole. This will allow the drill bit to start to cut straight away instead of skateing about before it starts to bite. Hope this makes sense.

Drill some test holes in a bit of hard wood first. Just be careful and take your time. On the stock, mark it by giving a nail a slight tap, not too hard, where you are going to drill the hole. This will allow the drill bit to start to cut straight away instead of skateing about before it starts to bite. Hope this makes sense.

aye makes sense. need to find a drill lol.. my mates got one of those hand drills that he robbered from D.T lessons at school :laugh: :laugh:

maybe a proper drill would be better tho?

Test size on a scrap piece of wood

Measure 2" from the butt end

tear a strip of masking tape and place over area to be drilled(stops the stock splitting on contact with drill)

Mark the correct position and "pre tap" with a small brad nail

start off with a small drill bit and pre-drill the hole then work out to the correct size.

Countersink the QD head if needed

As Archie said, a small blob of vaseline makes the thread easier to cut, job done!

If drilling the front ALWAYS remove the action from the stock!

Darryl