Advice staffy attack

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The woman was genuinly sorry , apart from a fright your dog is thankfully o.k ,theres only heresay to go on that it,s happened before , have a word with the woman and her son , tell them you,v heard i

Why would a dog aggressive dog be any more likely to attack a child than any other dog?   Are all your working lurchers potential child killers?   Drivey dogs have no place in public places end of

G, I've got a dog here that will never be getting off the lead in a public place, I won't muzzle him because I hate them, but I've had a little insight into what he can do and won't be risking it agai

Why do folk always say, it might be a child next time? That's just melodrama!

Dog agressive dogs are aggressive toward other dogs.

Still, should be reported, or at least, never in public unmuzzled and unleashed, the woman is an idiot for putting the dog in that situation.

It's to be hoped none of your children ever have a fight in a public place!!!!

Cull the little bast@rds!

I'm all for my kids fighting. never done me any harm...if they win happy days.. if they lose well culling will be an option

Ideation kids always bring emotions up!

Graham it's not the start of this dog going bad it's just it's not under proper control, get it under control and it's sorted!

Dotty I was taught exactly the same as your teaching yours and will teach mine the same. I've been around high driven dogs all my life and am yet to have ever been bitten until I started working dogs and then got bit by quarry not dogs. Children need to have respect for dogs and walking away I'd better than getting involved.

Graham it's not the start of this dog going bad it's just it's not under proper control, get it under control and it's sorted!

Dotty I was taught exactly the same as your teaching yours and will teach mine the same. I've been around high driven dogs all my life and am yet to have ever been bitten until I started working dogs and then got bit by quarry not dogs. Children need to have respect for dogs and walking away I'd better than getting involved.

Look at what i have said.. maybe..maybe not.. all of us on here can not say 100% it will or wont

and i'l say it again if i had my way it would be the own getting one behind the ear!

PS everyone i no I'm a c**t..i just don't put up with people to well!

edit nowt like a ginger to give you a sharp shock..last time i just bend down thinking mr fox is dead ahahahaha

I've not looked back.but yes that thread. Its a dig at most members who went on their and said phone the police.. and i did think you were one of them.. I am wrong so i am sorry !!

But to make the point clear why i bring that thread up.. why is it ok to report that when no kids were hurt.but they could of been.but still only a dead bird found .but its the same with this a kid could of been hurt with this dog..but people are saying its ok just warn her!

yes all animals can attack at any time.. but don't you think the risk factor go's up once the dog attacks a dog? yes i know big difference between a dog and a kid..but i would cast an eye over my dog more so after that! going for other dogs can just be the start of things..with some dogs!

Apology accepted,im not normally that petty to check back i just thought i must be going mad if i didnt remember commenting :D

You say a kid could of been hurt......a kid could get hurt crossing the road but we dont ban driving......no i dont think the risk factor go,s up whatsoever.....tell me Graham,does the risk factor go up if your dog attacks a rabbit or a fox ?...................or only a dog.

the dogs a liability, whoever was shooting them birds is a liability........report them both to the people who deal with it........its not grassing its just common sense....... :thumbs:

Your a scrap man am i right ?......If i reported you for fly tipping does that not make me a grass/snitch ?...........or can you only grass if its something you dont like !

Well it's been an interesting debate that's for sure.

As for calling the cops. There only one thing I'd snitch to them for. That would be if a kid was in danger other than that it's none of my business, but that was just how It was/ is growing up, and I took that rule into adult hood.

It frustrates me sometimes when you read a post and never hear the outcome. SO to update everyone here's what I did, I'm not a person to do things over the phone so went for a knock at the door and a face to face chat.

I've been and spent half an hour with the woman explained I will not be logging a complaint with the Police as my dog seems to be OK on two conditions,

Condition one is that dog is never in public again without a lead/harness and a muzzle. If I see or hear of it again without any of the above I will report it.

Two I have logged the incident with the local council dog warden, I have told them I do not want the incident actioned upon only logging in their system so should there be another incident with that dog attacking again this will be on record and I will give evidence to say it attacked my dog also. I explained we have sorted this as grown ups and the owner has agreed to take actions to ensure this will not happen again. The council have agreed to record it but not to take action as per my request.

I told her in my opinion of she doesn't enforce the lead/muzzle it is an accident waiting to happen and the next time it could be far more serious and the consequenses for not only her but her family could be much more serious she agreed.

She was very relieved and thankful and thought I had been more than fair.

Thanks again to ALL who contributed I took each of your opinions into consideration.

ATB

Seeker

the dogs a liability, whoever was shooting them birds is a liability........report them both to the people who deal with it........its not grassing its just common sense....... :thumbs:

Your a scrap man am i right ?......If i reported you for fly tipping does that not make me a grass/snitch ?...........or can you only grass if its something you dont like !

yes im a scrap man but never fly tipped nothing in my life mate...... :censored: and grassing on a dog is different to a human who knows right from wrong!! ok gnash if it was your dog being held by your daughter what would you do???...... :hmm:

It frustrates me sometimes when you read a post and never hear the outcome. SO to update everyone here's what I did, I'm not a person to do things over the phone so went for a knock at the door and a face to face chat.

I've been and spent half an hour with the woman explained I will not be logging a complaint with the Police as my dog seems to be OK on two conditions,

Condition one is that dog is never in public again without a lead/harness and a muzzle. If I see or hear of it again without any of the above I will report it.

Two I have logged the incident with the local council dog warden, I have told them I do not want the incident actioned upon only logging in their system so should there be another incident with that dog attacking again this will be on record and I will give evidence to say it attacked my dog also. I explained we have sorted this as grown ups and the owner has agreed to take actions to ensure this will not happen again. The council have agreed to record it but not to take action as per my request.

I told her in my opinion of she doesn't enforce the lead/muzzle it is an accident waiting to happen and the next time it could be far more serious and the consequenses for not only her but her family could be much more serious she agreed.

Thanks again to ALL who contributed I took each of your opinions into consideration.

ATB

Seeker

Sounds more than fair mate, well handled,

Cheers.

yes im a scrap man but never fly tipped nothing in my life mate...... :censored: and grassing on a dog is different to a human who knows right from wrong!! ok gnash if it was your dog being held by your daughter what would you do???...... :hmm:

That situation would never happen.....so its a pointless question.

" Grassing on a dog is different to a human " :blink: ....well admittedly the dog probably wouldnt understand the act of " grassing ".......but the owner would.

Im not going to debate the rights and wrongs of selling out on your fellow man its something some folk can do and some folk cant.....personally i cant do it regardless.

ATB

Seeker

Think you handled it ok by the sound of it...............i think demanding the dog be muzzled is a bit strong as long as the dogs under complete control and on a lead thats enough.........................after all,some dogs just gotta learn the hard way :D

It's not goin to attack a kid because it's steamed into a spaniel . Think everyone should been shown how to break a dog properly before being allowed them. It shouldn't take a minute let alone 5 to stop any dog

always got an opinel in my pocket ;)

Whip that out in the pub and you'll be in bigger shit then the knobhead owner of this dog................ :yes: