Advice staffy attack

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The woman was genuinly sorry , apart from a fright your dog is thankfully o.k ,theres only heresay to go on that it,s happened before , have a word with the woman and her son , tell them you,v heard i

Why would a dog aggressive dog be any more likely to attack a child than any other dog?   Are all your working lurchers potential child killers?   Drivey dogs have no place in public places end of

G, I've got a dog here that will never be getting off the lead in a public place, I won't muzzle him because I hate them, but I've had a little insight into what he can do and won't be risking it agai

We had a German shepherd dog near to us that had a reputation for attacking other dogs,always left to roam,the owners had no control of it probably never knew where it was,after attacking my spaniel and mentally ruining the pup it then went on to attack a farmers sheepdog bitch to which he shot it on his yard,best thing that could of happened to that dog,no dog deserves that

• Like 1

OH and i'l add my way of thinking.. is its no life for a dog to be on a lead all the time or have to be muzzled!

been there done that when i was young and daft..never again..

Oh and i have a bullx and love all bull breeds.. so i'm not hater of the breeds.. you'd get the same from me if it was one of them hand bag dogs..

Thing is its her sons dog, alot of young lads as i've said.. think its mint to have a dog that bites/fights

theirs no need to report it if she dose the right thing and cull.. i'm not one for picking phone up on people..

You could give her a chance. and she's 100% sorry and wont let it happen again, but her son might

or it could slip the lead.. and it could kill a dog next time.. it could kill a child!!

you need to Think long and hard.. WHAT IF.. for me the what if is to much of a risk!

G, I've got a dog here that will never be getting off the lead in a public place, I won't muzzle him because I hate them, but I've had a little insight into what he can do and won't be risking it again.

To say he has no kind of life is wrong, he gets somewhere near 3 hours of exercise a day, every day (see Bosuns comment about there being nothing left of me lol), yes it is all on a lead now, but isn't it the law anyway that he should be on a lead?

He doesn't know any better ......... I do!

It's definitely NOT "mint" to have a dog that wants to kill other dogs, but it can also be easily avoided and controlled.

You're getting all confused about dog aggression and any likelihood of him killing a child, agree with gr ch though, no it wouldn't be (wasn't) good for a kid to watch his pet dog getting shook by a dog who knew what he was doing.

Mine isn't a bull breed either, it doesn't matter what the breed, if it's got the drive, it's down to it's owner to be responsible and control or keep it to themselves.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to keep their dogs . well at least not the ones with common sense! but you've got to remember as sad as it is.... common sense is not that common ..

me you and a few other members no its not MINT to keep biters.. but try telling that to the little charver on the street with the pitt wanna be lab staffy cross..lol

maybe i'm judging things on how i see them round here, and the dogs round here will go for me just as much as they would my dogs! I had a GSD when i was young and it was a c**t..but i put up with it as i was young.. I put up with the springer as it was sort of my fault, as i was dragged into 80hour weeks at work. so i think she got pissed off with me. as she had all my time then only had 2/3 hours aday.. then when that place went bust i was at home and put up with the shit from her.. now shes gone i can't be leave how much easier life is with out her , no watching for ever thing that could happen. just out for a walk let dogs run round ..its just easy. stress free.. i have a bitch off her she's a dream dogs. theirs just no worries out on a walk now!

well apart from bumping in to the knackers with their muts..but if its raining all is good!

part time dog walkers

one of my dads old mate thinks its good his lurcher attracts dogs/people ..he's 48 yo FFS.. it went for my middle son when he was 1.. lucky i was there.. it got the biggest boot i've ever dished out. he was not happy.. i told him he lucky its not getting shot..Now if a kid hit a dog and the dog bit them then its the kids fault, but a biter for no reason then.. if the dog can't be fixed it needs put to sleep!

Not a dig but do you not find it a total pain all the time?

Not really, but them I'm an antisocial fcker too!

I walk mine most mornings with other local "normal" dog walkers, he's fine on the lead, so that's where he stays.

I've had it before though, with a big Bull X, he was just a tw@t, and at 100lb was a bit of a different story when he kicked off, I knew what had to happen with that one, but everything was on the menu to him, including me when the red mist came!

ahahahahaaha we all had a nice family walk up the wood other week , this big fecking woman thingy was there with a big boxer dog , muzzled up slaver coming out of its gob, looking at my with an evil eye wanting to kill me. so i stood in way so my lass and 3 kids could get past be hind me, my foot was ready t go strait in its jaw as she was getting pulled all over by it.. she said it had went for a old fella just lat week. i was like WTF.. and its still alive. she looked at me with disgust when i said that and shook her head. i said you can shake yoyr head all you want . but what happens if it get hold of a child. oh it wont ever happen as i have control. i said you can hardly hold on it it as it is. and if that big fecker want to get at something it will.. then i just walked away from her!

Thank you all for your comments some very good points here, I don't want the dog destroyed but I don't want it to happen to another dog. I will go and see the owner tomorrow and take it from there.

ATB

Thats the way to sort it once a grass always a grass!!!

Prat

• Like 1

the points easy..if you remember what you put on other threads...

your last point is very very silly.. something i would not expect to come from you ! but you just crack on with you word play!

Why is it " very very silly "....according to your exact words......" anything can happen with animals "................so whats the difference whether its first had a tear up with another dog,what possible reason is there to think that dog is more likely to attack a child ?......................ive not played with words ive quoted your EXACT sentances......if you cant answer thats fine but dont play on like im changing what your saying.

your last point is very very silly.. something i would not expect to come from you ! but you just crack on with you word play!

Why is it " very very silly "....according to your exact words......" anything can happen with animals "................so whats the difference whether its first had a tear up with another dog,what possible reason is there to think that dog is more likely to attack a child ?......................ive not played with words ive quoted your EXACT sentances......if you cant answer thats fine but dont play on like im changing what your saying.

it flys at a dog, kids in way, kids get bitten, dogs in paper/on news, more bad publicity for bull breeds etc etc

And also Graham.....this dead bird thing and your quote above......i believe your referring to the " do i phone the police " thread a while back......an 8 page thread which you posted around 25 posts on....................and I DIDNT MAKE 1 SINGLE COMMENT !!........maybe best remembering who you spoke to before saying something like that ;)

Edited by gnasher16

it flys at a dog, kids in way, kids get bitten, dogs in paper/on news, more bad publicity for bull breeds etc etc

Whats that from the Beano ?..............dont tell me the dog didnt know the difference between a child and a dog !

Whats that from the Beano ?..............dont tell me the dog didnt know the difference between a child and a dog !

not saying it didnt.........but IF it bit the kid accidently, would the press see it that way????

And also Graham.....this dead bird thing and your quote above......i believe your referring to the " do i phone the police " thread a while back......an 8 page thread which you posted around 25 posts on....................and I DIDNT MAKE 1 SINGLE COMMENT !!........maybe best remembering who you spoke to before saying something like that ;)

I've not looked back.but yes that thread. Its a dig at most members who went on their and said phone the police.. and i did think you were one of them.. I am wrong so i am sorry !!

But to make the point clear why i bring that thread up.. why is it ok to report that when no kids were hurt.but they could of been.but still only a dead bird found .but its the same with this a kid could of been hurt with this dog..but people are saying its ok just warn her!

yes all animals can attack at any time.. but don't you think the risk factor go's up once the dog attacks a dog? yes i know big difference between a dog and a kid..but i would cast an eye over my dog more so after that! going for other dogs can just be the start of things..with some dogs!

• Like 1

Few things to do with a dog aggressive staff -

Keep it on a lead when in public

Learn to break it so you don't get pinned and it don't take 5 minutes

Few other things -

A dog isn't going to bite a human to get to another dog on most occasions

It wasnt lucky he knew to put his foot on the staffs knock because that achieves f**k all it was unlucky that in a pub full off people noone knew how to break a dog, it doesn't take 6 people ( op, dog owner and 4 others) 5 minutes to break and dog off should take 1 maybe 2 guys about 20 secs

From what I've read the only people on this post I would allow to have a dog with any form of drive are strong stuff and gnasher, I know theres a few others that can handle them but half of the people on here have made silly uneducated statements which actually worried me about them working dogs. I hope most of the people on this topic keep to whippets

• Like 1

I've not looked back.but yes that thread. Its a dig at most members who went on their and said phone the police.. and i did think you were one of them.. I am wrong so i am sorry !!

But to make the point clear why i bring that thread up.. why is it ok to report that when no kids were hurt.but they could of been.but still only a dead bird found .but its the same with this a kid could of been hurt with this dog..but people are saying its ok just warn her!

yes all animals can attack at any time.. but don't you think the risk factor go's up once the dog attacks a dog? yes i know big difference between a dog and a kid..but i would cast an eye over my dog more so after that! going for other dogs can just be the start of things..with some dogs!

the dogs a liability, whoever was shooting them birds is a liability........report them both to the people who deal with it........its not grassing its just common sense....... :thumbs:

this thread is mental, iv had a proper chuckle, sorry to the op a si know it was serious to start with, to the op, id have a word with the woman, an maybe even a word with her son if possible... women are strange fookers at the best of times, never mind when they sitting in the boozers lol, my wife was adamant she knew best for a few years, i soon slapped it oot her tho.... so for her to let it off a lead aint a surprise, iv seen women do silly things after being told not to..

the dog dont need put down, not yet anyways, just kept under control, like all dogs should, the guys who have talked about it biteing or killing a kid are fooking nuts, thats a fair ole leap from a scuffle between 2 dogs in a public place, ANY person that allows there CHILD, to be in the situation where they could be killed or even bitten by a dog, never mind a strange dog needs there fooking head looked at, my kids dont walk my dogs without an adult by there side, my kids also know not to approac strange dogs for whatever reason, they also know if a dog fight should ever kick off infront of them, to walk away, an if they have a lead in hand to drop it an walk away, we as owners of working dogs an kids should be teaching them all that...

dog fights happen, my dogs live together share sleepboxes/foodbowls/sofa's, but even they have the odd scrap, its in a dog nature, an i wont be culling mine for it lol

• Like 1

the dogs a liability, whoever was shooting them birds is a liability........report them both to the people who deal with it........its not grassing its just common sense....... :thumbs:

aye but you've missed the point.. bird gets shot carries on flying for 20-30 yards from where it was legally shot.. but people still said phone the police...anyway thats a bullshit thread anyway.. who on earth can hear a air gun over a running lawn mower..

no one could answer that ,, all it was , was phone the police ,phone the police.. people need to have a long hard look at the facts of post thinks and then crack on and act.. only a fool would rush in!

i've simply put a spin on this like the "should i phone the police thread"..

I have judged this dog by what has been said,, it may of attacked 3 times before.. if true..what dose that say about the owner? they should not have a dog. its go to far for dog.. if it was my dog it would not get that far. but if it did it would go for a walk! long before i ended up in a court.. or in jail.. as i said above attacking other dogs can just be the start of a dog going bad for some dogs.. theirs more bad owner than dogs..but the dogs suffer!!

maybe forcing someone to have their dog put down will make them think long and hard about how they bring their next dog up..can yous see the sense in that. warning people has a lesser affect than a good sharp shock!