Advice staffy attack

Thank you all for your comments some very good points here, I don't want the dog destroyed but I don't want it to happen to another dog. I will go and see the owner tomorrow and take it from there.

ATB

Thats the way to sort it once a grass always a grass!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The woman was genuinly sorry , apart from a fright your dog is thankfully o.k ,theres only heresay to go on that it,s happened before , have a word with the woman and her son , tell them you,v heard i

Why would a dog aggressive dog be any more likely to attack a child than any other dog?   Are all your working lurchers potential child killers?   Drivey dogs have no place in public places end of

G, I've got a dog here that will never be getting off the lead in a public place, I won't muzzle him because I hate them, but I've had a little insight into what he can do and won't be risking it agai

quote the hold sentence... or should i say don't fit words from my post together to blow thinks up to suit you.well make a story... .now who should be working for the press again???

Hmm funny mate.. can you remember the air rifle thread on here? when some lad had found a few dead birds in his garden . then he said he herd the unmistakable sound of an air rifle shot when he was mowing his grass! and that his kids play in garden... everyone said phone the police, but now we have something here that could kill a child but its ok.. funny old forum this place

and if i remember right the op has said the woman had bites on her hands so it had bite some one!

I didnt " fit words together " to make a story..........i quoted 2 of your sentances word for word !!....nothing more nothing less.

The woman had bites on her hands because she didnt know how to split 2 dogs up,which in all fairness she shouldnt need to know.....but thats not exactly being attacked now is it !...............makes me laugh how some folk react over a silly little doggie punch up so the dog had a few holes put in it big deal its not nice but hardly anything to warrant the death sentance !....and only a complete fool could put that into the same sentance as a child being attacked by a dog !!!

• Like 1

....and only a complete fool could put that into the same sentance as a child being attacked by a dog !!!

Gnash, what's the difference between a human aggressive dog running up and biting a kids arm, and a kid having its arm bitten by a dog aggressive dog which is attacking the kids pet dog on the end of a lead after trying to protect it/seperate them? Either way the kid has been bitten by an out of control dog and should be totally unacceptable IMO.. :thumbs:

OH and i'l add my way of thinking.. is its no life for a dog to be on a lead all the time or have to be muzzled!

been there done that when i was young and daft..never again..

Oh and i have a bullx and love all bull breeds.. so i'm not hater of the breeds.. you'd get the same from me if it was one of them hand bag dogs..

Thing is its her sons dog, alot of young lads as i've said.. think its mint to have a dog that bites/fights

theirs no need to report it if she dose the right thing and cull.. i'm not one for picking phone up on people..

You could give her a chance. and she's 100% sorry and wont let it happen again, but her son might

or it could slip the lead.. and it could kill a dog next time.. it could kill a child!!

you need to Think long and hard.. WHAT IF.. for me the what if is to much of a risk!

G, I've got a dog here that will never be getting off the lead in a public place, I won't muzzle him because I hate them, but I've had a little insight into what he can do and won't be risking it again.

To say he has no kind of life is wrong, he gets somewhere near 3 hours of exercise a day, every day (see Bosuns comment about there being nothing left of me lol), yes it is all on a lead now, but isn't it the law anyway that he should be on a lead?

He doesn't know any better ......... I do!

It's definitely NOT "mint" to have a dog that wants to kill other dogs, but it can also be easily avoided and controlled.

You're getting all confused about dog aggression and any likelihood of him killing a child, agree with gr ch though, no it wouldn't be (wasn't) good for a kid to watch his pet dog getting shook by a dog who knew what he was doing.

Mine isn't a bull breed either, it doesn't matter what the breed, if it's got the drive, it's down to it's owner to be responsible and control or keep it to themselves.

• Like 5

quote the hold sentence... or should i say don't fit words from my post together to blow thinks up to suit you.well make a story... .now who should be working for the press again???

Hmm funny mate.. can you remember the air rifle thread on here? when some lad had found a few dead birds in his garden . then he said he herd the unmistakable sound of an air rifle shot when he was mowing his grass! and that his kids play in garden... everyone said phone the police, but now we have something here that could kill a child but its ok.. funny old forum this place

and if i remember right the op has said the woman had bites on her hands so it had bite some one!

I didnt " fit words together " to make a story..........i quoted 2 of your sentances word for word !!....nothing more nothing less.

The woman had bites on her hands because she didnt know how to split 2 dogs up,which in all fairness she shouldnt need to know.....but thats not exactly being attacked now is it !...............makes me laugh how some folk react over a silly little doggie punch up so the dog had a few holes put in it big deal its not nice but hardly anything to warrant the death sentance !....and only a complete fool could put that into the same sentance as a child being attacked by a dog !!!

Anything can happen with animals! maybe other members have time to keep biters. i don't and wont..

theirs a few round here who has them and they get told the same thing ever time i see them. get it PTS.. they should not be owning fish..

I just don't get some members, a man finds a dead bird in his garden..that has been shot.. oh phone the police as you have kids.. your kids could end off dead.. but when a dog fights its ok.. what happens if it was still in the hands of this mans son?

this mans dog was only saved by him standing on the staffy, to stop it shaking it. now as i said what would happen if it was his son, his son would not no what to do!

Gnash, what's the difference between a human aggressive dog running up and biting a kids arm, and a kid having its arm bitten by a dog aggressive dog which is attacking the kids pet dog on the end of a lead after trying to protect it/seperate them? Either way the kid has been bitten by an out of control dog and should be totally unacceptable IMO.. :thumbs:

Malt the womans HANDS were bitten not her arms..................anybody whos ever had to split fighting dogs up knows how easy it is to get pinned when you dont really know what your doing..............thats a very different thing to being attacked !...........

Where did it say the kid has been attacked i must of missed that bit......oh well fair enough if the dogs attacked a kid bury it.

• Like 1

Malt the womans HANDS were bitten not her arms..................anybody whos ever had to split fighting dogs up knows how easy it is to get pinned when you dont really know what your doing..............thats a very different thing to being attacked !...........

Where did it say the kid has been attacked i must of missed that bit......oh well fair enough if the dogs attacked a kid bury it.

I was just using the above as a scenario to show how a I think a dog agressive dog could be a danger, even if it wasnt agressive towards humans.. :thumbs:

It all comes down to having a dog under control IMO. Aaron said it all above - he knows his dog so doesn't allow it in a position where it could become a problem, something which all responsible owners should do. The original poster stated that this type of incident has happened before, so the last place the dog involved should have been was off the lead in a dog friendly pub.. JMO.. :thumbs:

Anything can happen with animals! maybe other members have time to keep biters. i don't and wont..

theirs a few round here who has them and they get told the same thing ever time i see them. get it PTS.. they should not be owning fish..

I just don't get some members, a man finds a dead bird in his garden..that has been shot.. oh phone the police as you have kids.. your kids could end off dead.. but when a dog fights its ok.. what happens if it was still in the hands of this mans son?

this mans dog was only saved by him standing on the staffy, to stop it shaking it. now as i said what would happen if it was his son, his son would not no what to do!

What do you keep banging on about dead birds for i couldnt give a shit about a dead bird in a garden :blink:

" anything can happen with animals "....................well best not keep them then eh..........or can a dog only attack a child if its previously had a punch up with another dog :D .......funny how some folks minds work.

I was just using the above as a scenario to show how a I think a dog agressive dog could be a danger, even if it wasnt agressive towards humans.. :thumbs:

It all comes down to having a dog under control IMO. Aaron said it all above - he knows his dog so doesn't allow it in a position where it could become a problem, something which all responsible owners should do. The original poster stated that this type of incident has happened before, so the last place the dog involved should have been was off the lead in a dog friendly pub.. JMO.. :thumbs:

Couldnt agree more...................i just dont see the connection between a dog attacking another dog to a dog attacking a child its like saying a dog that attacks a fox or rabbit is more likely to attack a child,its just ludicrous :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

What do you keep banging on about dead birds for i couldnt give a shit about a dead bird in a garden :blink:

" anything can happen with animals "....................well best not keep them then eh..........or can a dog only attack a child if its previously had a punch up with another dog :D .......funny how some folks minds work.

If she's not too far from me and still warm give me a shout! :laugh:

OH and i'l add my way of thinking.. is its no life for a dog to be on a lead all the time or have to be muzzled!

Oh and i have a bullx and love all bull breeds.. so i'm not hater of the breeds.. you'd get the same from me if it was one of them hand bag dogs..

Thing is its her sons dog, alot of young lads as i've said.. think its mint to have a dog that bites/fights

theirs no need to report it if she dose the right thing and cull.. i'm not one for picking phone up on people..

You could give her a chance. and she's 100% sorry and wont let it happen again, but her son might

or it could slip the lead.. and it could kill a dog next time.. it could kill a child!!

you need to Think long and hard.. WHAT IF.. for me the what if is to much of a risk!

G, I've got a dog here that will never be getting off the lead in a public place, I won't muzzle him because I hate them, but I've had a little insight into what he can do and won't be risking it again.

To say he has no kind of life is wrong, he gets somewhere near 3 hours of exercise a day, every day (see Bosuns comment about there being nothing left of me lol), yes it is all on a lead now, but isn't it the law anyway that he should be on a lead?

It's definitely NOT "mint" to have a dog that wants to kill other dogs, but it can also be easily avoided and controlled.

You're getting all confused about dog aggression and any likelihood of him killing a child, agree with gr ch though, no it wouldn't be (wasn't) good for a kid to watch his pet dog getting shook by a dog who knew what he was doing.

Mine isn't a bull breed either, it doesn't matter what the breed, if it's got the drive, it's down to it's owner to be responsible and control or keep it to themselves.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to keep their dogs . well at least not the ones with common sense! but you've got to remember as sad as it is.... common sense is not that common ..

me you and a few other members no its not MINT to keep biters.. but try telling that to the little charver on the street with the pitt wanna be lab staffy cross..lol

maybe i'm judging things on how i see them round here, and the dogs round here will go for me just as much as they would my dogs! I had a GSD when i was young and it was a c**t..but i put up with it as i was young.. I put up with the springer as it was sort of my fault, as i was dragged into 80hour weeks at work. so i think she got pissed off with me. as she had all my time then only had 2/3 hours aday.. then when that place went bust i was at home and put up with the shit from her.. now shes gone i can't be leave how much easier life is with out her , no watching for ever thing that could happen. just out for a walk let dogs run round ..its just easy. stress free.. i have a bitch off her she's a dream dogs. theirs just no worries out on a walk now!

well apart from bumping in to the knackers with their muts..but if its raining all is good!

part time dog walkers

one of my dads old mate thinks its good his lurcher attracts dogs/people ..he's 48 yo FFS.. it went for my middle son when he was 1.. lucky i was there.. it got the biggest boot i've ever dished out. he was not happy.. i told him he lucky its not getting shot..Now if a kid hit a dog and the dog bit them then its the kids fault, but a biter for no reason then.. if the dog can't be fixed it needs put to sleep!

Not a dig but do you not find it a total pain all the time?

The way I see it, we all have heard and prob said, you can't trust any dog 100% . So having said that. One that shows aggression towards a dog or a person. That dogs percentage just dropped dramatically.

I myself had a bitch who was terrible towards other dogs and strangers. Now I'll get a bit of flak for this. But she was hardly ever on a lead, cause she was 100% on commands ie heel. Also she had no interest whatsover in going over to another dog or person. But woe betide the dig that went over to her lol at the end of the day you know your own dogs capability? And if at any point you become either wary of your own charge or lost its respect for commands then it's time you thought about its future,. I'm sick to death of the same bullshit from c**ts with dogs of the lead who say " is it a dog or a bitch cause he is ok with bitches". Listen you f*****g idiot if you need to ask that question, the b*****d thing shouldn't be off a lead.

• Like 1

Bull breed attacks spaniel = Sensationalism

Spaniel attacks another Spaniel= un newsworthy

The Seeker..its your judgment that will sort out this conundrum nobody else's.....hope the spaniel is ok by the way..atb stabba

• Like 2

the points easy..if you remember what you put on other threads...

your last point is very very silly.. something i would not expect to come from you ! but you just crack on with you word play!

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to keep their dogs . well at least not the ones with common sense! but you've got to remember as sad as it is.... common sense is not that common ..

me you and a few other members no its not MINT to keep biters.. but try telling that to the little charver on the street with the pitt wanna be lab staffy cross..lol

maybe i'm judging things on how i see them round here, and the dogs round here will go for me just as much as they would my dogs! I had a GSD when i was young and it was a c**t..but i put up with it as i was young.. I put up with the springer as it was sort of my fault, as i was dragged into 80hour weeks at work. so i think she got pissed off with me. as she had all my time then only had 2/3 hours aday.. then when that place went bust i was at home and put up with the shit from her.. now shes gone i can't be leave how much easier life is with out her , no watching for ever thing that could happen. just out for a walk let dogs run round ..its just easy. stress free.. i have a bitch off her she's a dream dogs. theirs just no worries out on a walk now!

well apart from bumping in to the knackers with their muts..but if its raining all is good!

part time dog walkers

one of my dads old mate thinks its good his lurcher attracts dogs/people ..he's 48 yo FFS.. it went for my middle son when he was 1.. lucky i was there.. it got the biggest boot i've ever dished out. he was not happy.. i told him he lucky its not getting shot..Now if a kid hit a dog and the dog bit them then its the kids fault, but a biter for no reason then.. if the dog can't be fixed it needs put to sleep!

Not a dig but do you not find it a total pain all the time?

Not really, but them I'm an antisocial fcker too!

I walk mine most mornings with other local "normal" dog walkers, he's fine on the lead, so that's where he stays.

I've had it before though, with a big Bull X, he was just a tw@t, and at 100lb was a bit of a different story when he kicked off, I knew what had to happen with that one, but everything was on the menu to him, including me when the red mist came!