Feral lurchers.

Guest bezza

i just spent feb march and april trying to catch a wild saluki bitch living off the land by me i daint belive it when a lad told me about it so me and my boy went to investigate and it was true it was sleeping in a big round bale of hay it had pulled out the middle and was sleeping inside it was always there during the day but when ever we went with the lamp it was nowhere to be seen outside its bale there was about 30 hare and rabbits feet as soon as it herd you it was up and off the land owner caught it in the end in a large fox trap device he had made i tried to buy the bitch off him but he said no he was keeping her he said he had left the bales in the field for her to sleep in and he had been trying to catch it for 11 months

What's its recall like after being free roaming all that time.

It`s a Saluki !! it wouldn`t come back before , never mind now !! lol

• Like 1

supposedly 20 odd years ago there was some sort of big cat living up around caithness or sutherland i forget which and killing sheep, and calves and deer. in the end they had a massive drive through a huge forest area and shot a big black lurcher. as i remember the story they found loads and loads of animal remains in the forest and reckon it must have been there for ages. anybody remember anything more about this?

• 9 years later...

Here in Aus plenty of pig dogs go missing some a killed by farmers or dingo packs but some are ruff enough and smart enough to live in the bush for years. They tend to form a pack with a young dingo bitch. If they stay away from stock but most dont and the the poison, the trap, or the rifle take them out.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Here in Aus plenty of pig dogs go missing some a killed by farmers or dingo packs but some are ruff enough and smart enough to live in the bush for years. They tend to form a pack with a young dingo bitch. If they stay away from stock but most dont and the the poison, the trap, or the rifle take them out.

You dig this up from the past mate ? there's a new thread about this with bit more to read

• Like 1