Land to metal detect on

Hello all

I am looking for permission to metal detect on land grass land or farm land. I know how shooters are protective of there land but I won't be shooting just metal detecting. I have public liability insurance as I am a federation of iderpendant detectorists member I have been doing the hobby now for around 8 years on the same land with not much luck so looking for some new land. I will be digging only the smallest hole then filling it back in. I would be really grateful if you can help. Thanks. Derek. I am 49 years old. All finds will be shown to the land owner.

i would of thought it would be quite easy to get this sort of permission ,my grandad spent most of his life doing this and just use to turn up and ask the land owner if he could spend a couple of days there ,think he rarely went the same place twice and found a hell of allot of stuff,

i had a go a few years back but got sick of finding nails and stuff lol

atb

• 3 weeks later...

Join a club as they usually organise places to detect on.with all the recent big hoards being found lateley you would think a lot of farmers would let metal detectorists on in the hope they would find something on their own land.

as above mate i went out with the air rifle the other morning and there was a precession of cars driving into a field,spoke to them and it was a club doin the farmers land next to my permission :thumbs:

• 2 months later...