what is a good breed of lurcher(all rounder) for someone just starting out

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So there you go !! Saluki/Beddy/Collie/Bull/Deerhound X Greyhound and you can't go wrong !! LOL !!   Cheers.

All of the things I said were learning curves, knock my comments see how I care. My dog now comes back, walks to heel through livestock, listens, follows hand signals I'm working on the retrieve and b

Deer/grey x collie/greys make decent all rounders

Deer/grey x collie/greys make decent all rounders :thumbs:

Do you run 1 mate?

Not now mate as when I was looking for 1 I couldn't find any decent pups, so went for a deer/grey :thumbs:

My first one many years ago :icon_redface:

Photo-0013.jpg

Then a bitch I had

Photo-0015.jpg

Photo-0016.jpg

And my mates that used to go fishing with us :victory:

71633_500976428592_695323592_6987383_7700525_n.jpg

154121_10150099876013593_695323592_7182698_5137.jpg

So there you go !! Saluki/Beddy/Collie/Bull/Deerhound X Greyhound and you can't go wrong !! LOL !! ;)

Cheers.

thats no good theres no whippit in it :laugh:

I was only quoting what had allready been mentioned.... but a bit o' Whippet would be OK aswell !! Perhaps a bit o' Wheaten and maybe a smidgen of Borzoi, not to much though, it's only for rabbits ! LOL ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

needs a bit of kerry blue and airedale aswelll if its rabbits your after :thumbs:

i got a wheaten/kerryblue/grey an she pays her way on the bunnys :tongue2:

All of the things I said were learning curves, knock my comments see how I care. My dog now comes back, walks to heel through livestock, listens, follows hand signals I'm working on the retrieve and because she didn't iv asked for help. My point was if ur patient all of these things can be overcome instead of giving up at the 1st hurdle. I coulda sold my dog at 6 month as a natural hunter ready for all game but I didn't. Iv called her off hare, deer and foxes. Iv got nothing to prove, I'm a novice but iv learnt from every mistake and success. When u can say the same I'll listen to your comments but as it stands I'm happy with my lurcher and happy in myself! Atb

• Like 4

Lapin summat summat had a pop because I said take a punt and explained my experience as a 1st timer. No need! I'm at least honest I coulda been posting about all the imaginary game my dog takes and how wonderful a dogman I am... But truth be told I'm not! Where I fail I ask, where I succeed I share! I said take a punt, this thread is sh*te. If the kid isn't askin genuinely then he shouldn't post. At least what I write is true. Atb

Lapin summat summat had a pop because I said take a punt and explained my experience as a 1st timer. No need! I'm at least honest I coulda been posting about all the imaginary game my dog takes and how wonderful a dogman I am... But truth be told I'm not! Where I fail I ask, where I succeed I share! I said take a punt, this thread is sh*te. If the kid isn't askin genuinely then he shouldn't post. At least what I write is true. Atb

Fair enough mate, i had interpreted what you said as it behaves like it does because its a lurcher.