TRIBUTE TO THE OLDIES

Guest Lurcherbitch

Guest Lurcherbitch

Noticed there are a lot of pics proudly showing off your new pups. So wonderd how many of you have got pics of the old one or two, near or already retired.?? Would love to see pics of them & hear a bit about them. xx

Heres my oldie,(blue brindle) SHEYA the name sake of my rescue,Looking like she has had a night on the town. Not exactly hunting but she did her job once on the track.

So come on guys lets see some pics of those old faithfulls.xx

A few of my old semi-retired bitch nearly 10 years old

3/8 5/8 collie grey she still mugs the odd daytime rabbit

and has been invaluable in teaching the youngster how

to find her own game in the daytime :D

Just a shame they have to get old

My old lad Mac 14 retired him a bit back but he has other idea's still loves to be out hunting with my other dogs just let him do what he likes he still makes the odd catch . He has been no bother over the years no bad injuries just cuts .Was no world beater but a good honest little dog .His only bad point was he could be firery and short tempered with pups or young dogs jumping up at him but they learn quick not to feck with him and he still rules the roost.

IMG_0003oap.jpg

heres a picture of my dad with his best ever bitch.she was injured at 19months of age she snapped a liggament in the knee and my dad was to scared to run her again.in 1999 at the age of five my dad decided to work her again ,he got her fit and it was like she had never been out of action,catching rabbits and retrieving the back to hand alive and unharmed.i was lucky enough to watch her catch her last rabbit on the lamp and within five weeks of that night she was gone.my dad had to have her put to sleep as she was slowly dying and the vets didnt know what was up with her.after extensive test and a large amount of money as she was not insured ,it was agreed the best thing was to put her to sleep.she didnt have a long life but from what i seen she will never be forgotten

RIP GEMMA 1994 - 2003

DSCF2087.jpg

good hunting

rew

My best beloved old Deer/Grey......never forgotten and the most special of all my dogs...she lives on in her daughters and grand daghters, and even a great grand daughter!

Her daughter..........now 9 years old: she is mother to my rough coated young uns:

Old Sonic, now 10 years old, and still bushes hard, though I don't use her to ground any more if I can help it though she'd still go if I let her:

And the oldest last: Lunar, now 12 and still catching the odd rabbit if it makes a mistake LOL

Guest Frank

My old bitch, who deid back in 94, she was 16.

A good hare/rabbit dog and deer. ;)

She was deer hound x greyhound lurcher.

I had a few more, but, unfortunately, have no pics of them, no digital cameras then.

The best dog i had, was a whippet x greyhound, took everything. :yes::icon_eek:

Frank.

Edited by Frank
Guest Frank

Here is another i had below, Jade, she lived till 12 and was a great lamping bitch, whippet x grey x bull/grey. ;)

Took foxe till she was 10, then just stoped all of a sudden. :blink::D

Frank.

Edited by Frank