i made the journey from the far south of ireland with my lurcher today was up from 5am. entered my lurcher in a lurcher class for the judge to ask me is he pure bred !!!!!! wont be going there again judge dosnt even know what a lurcher is. :doh:

I was asked was there patterdale in my black an white russell........ ffs he get's paid for that :icon_redface:

1 question i ask when judgeing -- how old the rest you do with your hands and eyes..

:thumbs: this dog has a black head and a small black patch on his back and i know what way he's bred as for the judge????

Bogside, May we straighten out a few things on this public forum for all to view please. That is if you are aiming these accusations at myself ?. First of all, I DID NOT get paid for judging at this show but was honoured to have been asked to judge it. Secondly, I never asked if any dog had Patterdale in it ?. I have kept and bred terriers for over thirty years my friend and would like to have a wee bit of respect as to knowing what i am looking for in a terrier built and suited for the job. I would appreciate to see a photograph up here of this Russell, yours in sport Del.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

your a good advert for anti's and the uspca ..learn how to keep your big mouth shut and keep your opinion private , the hunting world is struggling enough without you damning peoples dogs . FACT!!!!!!

one more sleep then going to have the best of crack tomorrow with all the lads at the show men from sligo england and other parts going to be a great day hope the rain stays away first round on the mo

Best overall in show.

Posted Images

i made the journey from the far south of ireland with my lurcher today was up from 5am. entered my lurcher in a lurcher class for the judge to ask me is he pure bred !!!!!! wont be going there again judge dosnt even know what a lurcher is. :doh:

I was asked was there patterdale in my black an white russell........ ffs he get's paid for that :icon_redface:

1 question i ask when judgeing -- how old the rest you do with your hands and eyes..

:thumbs: this dog has a black head and a small black patch on his back and i know what way he's bred as for the judge????

Bogside, May we straighten out a few things on this public forum for all to view please. That is if you are aiming these accusations at myself ?. First of all, I DID NOT get paid for judging at this show but was honoured to have been asked to judge it. Secondly, I never asked if any dog had Patterdale in it ?. I have kept and bred terriers for over thirty years my friend and would like to have a wee bit of respect as to knowing what i am looking for in a terrier built and suited for the job. I would appreciate to see a photograph up here of this Russell, yours in sport Del.

derek---it seems we both know fk all , lol , 30 odd years experience is obviously not enough for these very knowledgeable people lol

Denned, I shall await this reply as i may be speaking out of turn here as this might be a parson russell or summat that was in the pedigree show and nought to do with the WORKING show ?. I will also add that i met a load of great guys here today that were all keen to chat about their dogs so thanks to you guys for making me feel welcome at your show and for a brilliant weekend, Del.

The judges at these shows are all honoured to be there and judging a breed they love. There's always somebody whinging about something, if it's not the judge its the lure driver or the guy that picked the draw..... I bet some of you's would moan about the length of grass FFS.

• Like 1

like i said del you can do it with your hands and eyes without asking questions ...
  • Like 1

There was that many pure greyhounds between sat an sunday there was someone tryin 2 pull off that there dog was a handcock dog an it was a tattooed greyhound but he hadn't a clue the way david handcock stamps his lurchers an I can't complain about the lurcher judge he did a very good job as he picked 2 nice lurchers in the final

post-73261-0-17790100-1341822101.jpg THIS IS THE DOG MY FRIEND did terry Duggan ever use patterdale in his terriers???

heres a thought did the terriers duggan start his line from have pat in the mix ..do you know what went into the mix ? ;) anyway i`ll leave this thread now --- well done to everyone involved :thumbs: Edited by the_stig

post-73261-0-17790100-1341822101.jpg THIS IS THE DOG MY FRIEND did terry Duggan ever use patterdale in his terriers???

sounds like a reasonable question it does look like it has patterdale in it after all russells are a mixed bred Edited by Hitcher

I should like to thank all three of our judges for coming the whole way from Scotland to judge at the 25th All Ireland Championship. As they have stated they were honoured to be invited in an honorary capacity . No one was paid - not even Derek for volunteering to put on an excellent main arena display. All they received was an excellent hamper sponsored by Victor Kitson of Springwell Sheep Cheeses.

Judging is a matter of opinion and the judge gives his or her opinion on the day. Your own opinion of your dog will probably differ from his - especially if you don't win or be placed but both of you are entitled to your own opinion.

My own thanks go to everyone who entered and who turned up in potentially dire weather. But as usual we kept the show going and delivered a great event in spite of facing probably the worst weather any major game fair has had to face with over three weeks of inclement weather. I am very proud of my team's resolve, fortitude and good humour in the face of adverse conditions to deliver the biggest and best game or country fair in Ireland this year ....now on to Birr.

Albertj

my lurcher is broken haired three quater hound and quarter wheaten terrier and the lurcher judge asked the question IS HE PURE BREAD? I AM NOT UPSET THAT I DID NOT WIN just very pissed off that after traveling such a journey at some expence to find some judge that could not identify what was stareing him in the face . WHAT IS A LURCHER ONLY A MONGREL and I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HAIRY GREYHOUND

Edited by jimjim

my lurcher is broken haired three quater hound and quarter wheaten terrier and the lurcher judge asked the question IS HE PURE BREAD? I AM NOT UPSET THAT I DID NOT WIN just very pissed off that after traveling such a journey at some expence to find some judge that could not identify what was stareing him in the face . WHAT IS A LURCHER ONLY A MONGREL and I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HAIRY GREYHOUND

you do get some daff question's asked sometimes but he came all the way from scotland for free to ask them....FAIR PLAY TO HIM :thumbs:

you do get some daff question's asked sometimes but he came all the way from scotland for free to ask them....FAIR PLAY TO HIM :thumbs:

Bogside, are you refering to me by making this statement up as i NEVER ASKED anyone what cross their terrier is. Why should I ask ?. The show is to find a terrier that is built and suited to do a job and NOT to worry about what type it is.

And also to answer your question, did Terry duggan ever use Patterdale in his terriers. I dont know, did he ?.