car sickness

are they in terrier boxes -- fill the boxes with shreeded paper and cover the front wires leave them in the box in the car for 10-20 mins before each journey - try them in the boxes in the car without moving it a few times so they get used to the boxes first ....

Nothing worse than having a young dog sick in the box. I know off a few lads that have this problem with young dogs and also seasoned terriers. What might help is take the dog in question for a quick drive ( say 1 mile ) up the road each evening to a designated spot and then a walk to stretch its legs and back again. If the dog has been sick already before you get to bring it for a walk at that distance, try not putting it into the terrier box and just let it sit in the rear off the van or boot of the car were its not so confined. If in the boot off a car have a sheet down just in case. If the dogs not sick at that distance just bring it regular with you in the car/van a few times during the week at short distances and hopefully it should cease. Some terriers will always have this trait unfortunately.

Nothing worse than having a young dog sick in the box. I know off a few lads that have this problem with young dogs and also seasoned terriers. What might help is take the dog in question for a quick drive ( say 1 mile ) up the road each evening to a designated spot and then a walk to stretch its legs and back again. If the dog has been sick already before you get to bring it for a walk at that distance, try not putting it into the terrier box and just let it sit in the rear off the van or boot of the car were its not so confined. If in the boot off a car have a sheet down just in case. If the dogs not sick at that distance just bring it regular with you in the car/van a few times during the week at short distances and hopefully it should cease. Some terriers will always have this trait unfortunately.

AGREE you should try keeping it cool to

I have two adult dogs that suffer severe sickness and i just cant travel them. I have found most of them prefer to have plenty of fresh air circulating and if at all possible sit them up front with you so they can see where they are going. If you have a pick up truck i have found every time traveling them in the back with all that air and being able to look out stops the sickness for most. Ive tried all sorts of herbal treatments, sedatives etc on the worst two and nothing has worked except depleting my finances.

i have tried short journeys, long journeys in a box out of box window open window closed travel sickness tablets from vets herbal treatments and nothing works so got a boot liner as its easier to clean

mine used to slaver all time in the car but then i startd sitting with her in front, when i was stationary, with windows down half way and she was jumping back and forwards and now shes fine, it took a few month though

iv read somewhere that you should sit the dog with you in the car stationary with the engine running for 10 mins or so, each day for a week and then gradually build it up to a small drive.bit of a pain but worth a try.