racing pigeons?..............found this one

found this on the floor in the middle of the woods the other evening guessing it was probably exhausted and made no attempt to get away when i picked it up and although there were numbers etc on the foot rings there was no address stamped on the wing feathers which i have found on a few birds over the years,even had a courier pick one up from me once as well when i informed them i found the bird.

anyway put this one up on the tree out of harms way and when i checked early morning it was gone,no signs of it being taken by a predater so might well have made it home who knows?

my question is would it be culled for stopping off? or do they take things into consideration like the weather age of the bird etc and give it another go,just some of the un answered questions iv wondered about over the years :hmm:

022.jpg sorry paulus not a full fuzzy as you can see,must try harder :laugh:

Edited by hunter1372

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it is flown out mate, i dowt it will get home, you should of taken it home and fed it up for a week and then released it or even reported it to the owner if it was wing stamped, they have had a bad se

its illegal to shoot racing pigeons in this country.

put kettle on it could be a long one

Then why do they insist on thier return, of only to wring its neck ?

they will know its the bird not a natural accident i.e hawk ect. and as i said it may be given another chance, could turn out to be a world beater and they wouldnt want someone else to be having it :laugh: :laugh:

it is flown out mate, i dowt it will get home, you should of taken it home and fed it up for a week and then released it or even reported it to the owner if it was wing stamped, they have had a bad season racing with all the bad weather around a lot of good birds missing, when you can pick them up in the open their chances of getting home are rare, you would of been kinder culling it. x pigeon fancier 20 years in the sport

• Like 1

Then why do they insist on thier return, of only to wring its neck ?

they don't always cull them it could be some ones good racer, it like in the dog world you get the good dog men then you get the tossers that give the sport a bad name.

it is flown out mate, i dowt it will get home, you should of taken it home and fed it up for a week and then released it or even reported it to the owner if it was wing stamped, they have had a bad season racing with all the bad weather around a lot of good birds missing, when you can pick them up in the open their chances of getting home are rare, you would of been kinder culling it. x pigeon fancier 20 years in the sport

wing wasnt stamped mate had them before where they was and contacted owner who sent courier but nothing on this one,if its not made home so be it il cull next time free ferret grub,suprised myself putting up out the way as it was :thumbs: Edited by hunter1372

wing wasnt stamped mate had them before where they was and contacted owner who sent courier but nothing on this one,if its not made home so be it il cull next time free ferret grub,suprised myself putting up out the way as it was :thumbs:

bet there wasent a lot of muscle left on it looking at the pic and its eyes were sunk in, and to be honest if the owner had not wind stamped he proberly did not what it back, you get the tossers that don't give a dam about their animals.

wing wasnt stamped mate had them before where they was and contacted owner who sent courier but nothing on this one,if its not made home so be it il cull next time free ferret grub,suprised myself putting up out the way as it was :thumbs:

bet there wasent a lot of muscle left on it looking at the pic and its eyes were sunk in, and to be honest if the owner had not wind stamped he proberly did not what it back, you get the tossers that don't give a dam about their animals.

it was smaller than i expected thought it might have been a young bird i also didnt know they wasnt all wing stamped as iv previously found like you say owner prob didnt care either way,ok i know now cheers :thumbs:

looks like fox food to me mate, you will probably find a spot with a big lump of feathers at some point around or in the wood :laugh:

i did check the area in the morning,jesus cant believe how involved i got over a bloody pigeon only defence i got it was on my dog walking route :laugh: