Hounds and Shoots

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your Not trying to tell Me ,hounds used for Fox Control are not Hunted by Real HOUNDSMEN/TERRIERMEN..   Go Ask the HILLPACKS & some of the Best Diggin' men in the U.K.   In fighting the BAN !

Very polite.............what you should have said was "PISH!!!!"I'm sure any keeper would be happy to see hounds run there ground before they have birds in the pens ad then again after the shooting se

I hear what you're saying BD but the member was asking about Scotland and that's the way the law dictates to them to work hounds so if it's with guns or pack up completely then I'm glad they are still

Posted Images

No ban in Ireland so hounds hunt legally fair enough is some one is out fox shooting but it annoys me that hounds are used to flush cover so they can be driven out and shot

Bet it annoys the game keeper when he finds a load of poults slaughtered or worse adult birds,espesially with the price of feeding and the amount of work put in to rearing them.I am not one for shooting fox either but sometimes it has to be done as a form of pest control and hounds of any breed are the best way of driving foxs out of cover.Its the same as killing cubs,not my cup of tea but there comes a time when needs must.

• Like 1

People who use hounds to hunt fox for gun clubs or gun men are not real hound men I've no bother with gun men each to there own but leave them use gun dogs with there guns

what would you class as a real hound man

some one like me lol:-):-):-)

Well I hope Someone like YOU,take heed of the ADVICE the Scotsmen like me.are Offering you and your Kinsmen on PREVENTING A BAN in your wee part of the World..Tam & Barrie have been down the path you,may need to tread ,TO KEEP GUNS out of the EQUATION ..be it Harriers or Beagles you may need to Hunt to a Gunman if your not UNITED with shooters and the Rest of the "HUNTING" community,and if it was me ,I'd get the FISHING FOLK onboard for numbers... :yes:

People who use hounds to hunt fox for gun clubs or gun men are not real hound men I've no bother with gun men each to there own but leave them use gun dogs with there guns

You don't seem to understand the point i was making

Load of rubbish.

Load of rubbish.

post-73658-0-86615700-1347539811.jpg

Your Not trying to tell Me ,hounds used for Fox Control are not Hunted by Real HOUNDSMEN/TERRIERMEN.. :laugh:

Go Ask the HILLPACKS & some of the Best Diggin' men in the U.K.

In fighting the BAN !! the The Submissions against The BAN ! INCLUDED some of the biggest diggers in the U.K.go read it !

The Scottish Parliament ,Certainly DID !! that's why the LAW in Scotland ...Differs from the rest of the U.K..

As for myself,I'm a P***sh shot. :yes: but I do like to see Hounds working ;)

well said

When is the Best time,to get Hounds onto a Shoot ?Pre Shooting season or End of season ?

How do you go about getting a good team?

Big Hounds or small ones,which would be best for clearing out vermin ?

Under Scottish legislation....

we run them through the pens before the poults go in and then draw the whole shoot properly after shooting season has finished...............................obviously flushing to guns

Dad was talking to the man with the wee hounds yesterday he may get out towards the end of the month. :boogy:

Whats' your lot ,doing this Sat...big Hounds out your way... :thumbs: an have you dug out one of them Old hats yet ? in Purple :good:

if the hats for you tamo,a thought it would be a pink yin

My Hat usually starts off Pink ...then goes Purple :laugh: thought I'd just cut to the chase :D wee dog, not long now ;)

any off the pups getting a run ?