• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankyou! I don't think I have too many photos of dogs I have drawn recently, as birds of prey is my main forte. I do however have one recent example... Probably not the type of dog you lot will wan

I have a work in progress of a since completed piece on my hard-drive, will stick it up here tomorrow. I did facial expressions last year for my art project so I got a lot of practice, and depending o

Stick me down for one too.   What about 3 dogs and a child? In a5 size? I'm aware it would be more expensive etc but that's not a problem for a good piece of work. Could you do that?   When your r

Looks like youre a very tallented girl ,hope it takes off for you & youre health issues get resolved .

Thanks very much mate, means a lot to have the support of many on here and see some interest in my drawings! :)

That bottom one is a belter! Peregrine?

Yep, immature pere... Probably some of my best work without a doubt! Dad used to fly peregrines, he's bagsied this one. :D I end up drawing more harris's than anything else, so it was nice to draw that falcon! Getting a new male harris later this year, so I should end up with a room very padded with harris sketches, aha. :D

OK shove me down for one, got a lovely Labrador who is a study of intelligence, calmness and devotion (especially when snoring upside down on our bed)...

snowdog8-2.jpg

Awesome, I'll remember this thread and come back to it once I'm ready to start taking those requests! Lovely looking dog there by the way. :)

Well Libby, you certainly have a eye for detail :yes: . and at 17 the worlds your oyster, hope you have every success in the future.As for the headaches my 21yr old son use to suffer for days on end, mainly after a intense sketching session (must be a arty thing) the hospital put it down to too much concentration whilst painting/sketching ect. let us know how things go..i might have a beautifull little spar i need you to draw for me :thumbs: .

Thankyou very much :) We've investigated most things and can't find a reason for the headaches, CT scan results came back yesterday clear as a bell, visions fine and migraine meds didn't work. The doctors current plan is to dose me up on very strong painkillers for the time being until they can figure me out. :L Sounds great, I love spars! Got a few photos of Dad's old birds on my bedroom wall, one particularly stunning little spar is the centre-piece. Her ring perch is still in the garden actually, stuck in an empty plant pot as a garden ornament! Haha, I'd love to fly one in the future. However I've got my harris coming home mid-August and I plan for him to stay with me until his dying day, and he'll always be my number one priority. I'd hate to be over-hawked and not have the time to devote to getting the best out of him or any other hawk in my mews.

And could you do this?

quarrypics014-1.jpg

I imagine so! When I start taking orders I'll come back and reference this thread and get in touch with those who were interested. That's a very happy looking dog. :D

You have talent that is completely incomprehensible to me! I could sit in a room with a pencil and pad for 10 years and not get close to drawing like that. Good luck with the headaches and I will sure have a sketch when you are ready.

atb,

HJ

Edited by Hob&Jill

you appear to draw very well. i would probably be interested in having you draw my dogs but i would like to see a couple of your finished dog drawings first :thumbs: i get headaches for 2 and 3 weeks at a time, but ive had a brain op.

I also have a second that is just asking to be done, you could also use this as a reproduction print (if you want to get into that ask me, I used to be in the printing game, so could help you get started)...

foxinabox2-small.jpg

There are an awful lot of corgi owners, I could pass your details on when the drawing is done, along with the photo (they have already published Algy in their calendar), to the Corgi League...

Edited by secretagentmole

Told you there would be interest :)

With out a doubt.....come on guys get your orders in before this artist becomes tooo famous :yes: .

Haha, yes... Remember the name! Aha, I doubt they'll ever be worth anything much but may as well try and make a few quid. Worth it for some new gear for hawky!

You have talent that is completely incomprehensible to me! I could sit in a room with a pencil and pad for 10 years and not get close to drawing like that. Good luck with the headaches and I will sure have a sketch when you are ready.

atb,

HJ

Thankyou :) I can't remember when I sat down and decided I wanted to start drawing something really worthwhile. I won't say it came naturally but I don't remember having to try as such. My old sketches are alright but nothing compared to the full-blown drawings I do now, as I said I improve massively with every piece, and for once the saying 'practice makes perfect' rings true! I will keep chipping away and hopefully grow into my skin as it were. My drawings are nothing special at the moment, and fairly mediocre compared to what others offer, but as my reputation and ability grows I hope to do my subjects justice. A lot of it is patience! :D

you appear to draw very well. i would probably be interested in having you draw my dogs but i would like to see a couple of your finished dog drawings first :thumbs: i get headaches for 2 and 3 weeks at a time, but ive had a brain op.

I will dig out some recent work of dogs and post it up here soon. Most of my requests are of falconers' hawks although I do have friends asking me to draw their dogs every so often. I hope to expand my experience and draw other animals more often now also. That must be a pain. :( Mine have been building up since Christmas and this one has been constant for about 6 weeks now, more intense some days than others. It seems unpredictable and the docs are at a loss... I'm thankful this beast came on after I'd finished my exams! Now we're just starting Year 13 work. I don't feel stressed but I suppose stress and strain may be a factor... I don't care as long as I'm fit for hawking this season. :D

you have got a talent there :yes: :yes: good luck with it all

Thankyou, your support means a lot! :)

drink a pint of water in the morning then a pint of water before you go to bed,cured alberto giacometti of his headaches

I've been drinking a lot of water, always have done... I will try that though, and see what comes of it!

I also have a second that is just asking to be done, you could also use this as a reproduction print (if you want to get into that ask me, I used to be in the printing game, so could help you get started)...

http://foxinabox2-small.jpg

By God that may be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Okay, girly squee moment aside, (:D) I would be happy to do that for you and am very interested in the printing side of things! If it's ok I will get in touch with you as and when I am feeling better and have the time to shoulder a few more requests. Would that be ok? :D

can ye draw people??

sorry if its a daft question, an ye can draw anything, match stick men is about the edge of my limits :icon_redface:

I have a work in progress of a since completed piece on my hard-drive, will stick it up here tomorrow. I did facial expressions last year for my art project so I got a lot of practice, and depending on what I'm doing can draw some decent people. It's touch and go though, sometimes they turn out ace and other times total failures! Aha, I'm much more reliably good when drawing hawks and dogs but will gladly display some of my better portrait work on her for you to take a glance at. :D

• Like 1

Stick me down for one too.

What about 3 dogs and a child? In a5 size? I'm aware it would be more expensive etc but that's not a problem for a good piece of work. Could you do that?

When your ready to take commissions then please get in touch with me. A friend of mine is coming to take

Some good quality photos of my dogs and my young son once the pups grown a bit and I would like one of the ones he takes drawn up.

I'm wanting it bigger than a4 to stick up in the living room in a nice frame.

Good luck and please get in touch.

Atb

• Like 1