what about if you have rust inside the allen key screws for your scope mounts?! :icon_eek:

20120621_172701.jpg20120621_172639.jpg

was thinking leave it soaking in wd40 or a bit og un oil then get like a cotton ear bud thingy?! :hmm:

You can buy some very small wire brush's

Spray a bit of WD40 or Gun oil on them and then give them a good rub with the brush.

what about if you have rust inside the allen key screws for your scope mounts?! :icon_eek:

was thinking leave it soaking in wd40 or a bit og un oil then get like a cotton ear bud thingy?! :hmm:

just replace them? any hardware merchants will have allen head bolts and cheap?

regards

Nick

Korust is ok for inside the those areas, you can get it from automotive stores.

Looks milky when applied but it stabilises the rust and turns it black when dry.

Or like above, buy new! cheaper in the long run.

Tin foil is the best thing. It's harder than the rust, but not as hard as the steel underneath. It'll clean the rust off but won't scratch the barrel.

It's an old trick I learnt from some classic car nuts, it's common for getting rid of rust on chromed components.

Once you've got rid of the rust, make sure you wipe down with a lightly oiled rag after use, and after touching the barrel, to prevent it rusting again.

As for the bolts, replace them. They cost about 5p each on eBay.

i know i shouldnt, but i kinda like seeing a fleck of rust here and there, and scratches on the stock and all that sort of thing cos it gives the gun a bit of character.

mind you, i'm also bone idle so i'm probably just trying to justify that...

cheers, wurz

i know i shouldnt, but i kinda like seeing a fleck of rust here and there, and scratches on the stock and all that sort of thing cos it gives the gun a bit of character.

mind you, i'm also bone idle so i'm probably just trying to justify that...

cheers, wurz

I've met you Wurz, your gun doesn't need anymore character!

Your more than enough character for both of you. :-)