Anyone seen this before?

I was out rabbit shooting the other night and shot this doe crossing a grass paddock with its mouth stuffed full.As I looked through the scope I could see it was carrying straw but on closer inspection noticed its mouth stuffed full with its belly fur , obviously ready to line its nest before giving birth.

I have never witnessed this in nearly 30 years of rabbit shooting, has anyone else witnessed this?

I don't know how it was able to breath as its mouth was literally stuffed full!! :o

harry007.jpg

Thats the best thing about sneeking about in the countryside... you will see different things all the time, that some peolple will never see.

Nature never fails to amaze me at what goes on, and that probably wasnt that unusual to a rabbit but we hardly ever see it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Funnily enough in all my years skulking around in the country side never seen anything like it until about 6 weeks ago i was watching one of the many rabbits in our back garden, at first i thought it was ill, stuck or retarded, then i realised it was picking up and dragging dried grass, it did this 30-40 yds back to the hedge, then on one of my contracts about three weeks ago saw a rabbit that appeared to be nodding, crept up a bit closer and looked through the sights again and it was actually trying to pick up a big mouth full of hay and kept dropping bits, it was really comical, watched it for quite a bit and then i shot it. Probably never see it again.