What murdered this ferocious little killer

While walking out this morning around the dry stone walls, my patterdale pup proudly brought me a dead weasel!

Over the next 2-3 minutes he had great fun playing with it, chucking up in the air and generally not coming anywhere near me :D

Anyway, when I examined it, it was still warm, and on the left side of its throat was a patch of fresh blood. It doesnt show up that well in the photo as I have only just photographed it so it has lost the scarlet colour.

Now. I am guessing that it is probably another weasel that has killed it because of the blood on its throat, but it could be a bird or other predator.

I was wondering whether anybody has ever seen 2 weasels fighting, or stoat on weasel, or any other ideas?

post-51049-0-11032800-1339443730_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after extensive research, ive found the culprit

There doesn't seem to be any visible puncture wounds on the neck so I reckon there's a simple explanation to this one..........   After all the recent rain the ground was very slippery and being you

New evidence has just emerged on the mystery death. Police have just revealed that this note was found at the scene........                          

Posted Images

a bird would have killed it using its rear tallon or beak, ive seen rats face ferrets above ground and win :thumbs: or it could have been another stoat as you said :laugh:

It can't be another stoat....as its a weasel lol, no black tip on tail, you should know that :tongue2:

a bird would have killed it using its rear tallon or beak, ive seen rats face ferrets above ground and win :thumbs: or it could have been another stoat as you said :laugh:

It can't be another stoat....as its a weasel lol, no black tip on tail, you should know that :tongue2:

half its tails missing :laugh:
  • Like 1

thats exactly what i was thinking, defo a weasel

No doubt rats are nasty little buggers , but a stoat is in another league .

Stoat vs ferret ??.........interesting

No doubt rats are nasty little buggers , but a stoat is in another league .

Stoat vs ferret ??.........interesting

Now that would be a scrap and a half.......stoats are fkin mean thats for sure