Pet Passport - Rabies Vaccination

Has anyone got their dogs a pet passport? The process is pretty easy and the cost of getting them across on the ferry to Europe is similar to the cost of kennels for a couple of weeks but....

I have just taken my two lurchers to the vets today for the rabies vaccination and its cost me £140 for 2, has anyone had it done and what did it cost?

Cheers

Dom

yep mines got a passport mate..

think if i remember about hundred quid.. law changed in january 2012!!!!!!!!

took mine to france/spain/portugal.. last year..

i advise you to read up about heart/lungworm.. and them catterpillers..

nasty nasty nasty..

mines in for xrays tmoz..

ninety five per cent sure she,s got the worms..

no joke mate,,read up about it and take precausions...

good luck..

I recently sent a pup overseas & i am fairly certain that it worked out at around £150 for everything,which included puppy jabs,rabies,microchip,pet passport,worming & fitness to fly certificate etc etc.

Seems on the top side what you have been charged,if i am remembering right !!

Edited by bisketti

2 of my pups went to the US and Finland at 10 weeks old (2 years ago) and they didn't need a rabies jab. All they needed was a microchip, worming and flea tick treatment and a fit to travel certificate from the vet cost about £50 a pup... They only needed a rabies jab if they were over 12 weeks.

they need rabies jabs and a possative teta before pet passport is issued my bitch is passported ,rabbis jabs have to be kept up to date to keep passport valid usually every 3 years another jab travel to mainland europe dogs must be drontoled at least 24 hrs before returning to the u/k if wormed in the uk before you go you must retun within 5 days or re worm by a vet in europe and regester on passpoirt time and date of . can not return within 24 hrs of worming .

they need rabies jabs and a possative teta before pet passport is issued my bitch is passported ,rabbis jabs have to be kept up to date to keep passport valid usually every 3 years another jab travel to mainland europe dogs must be drontoled at least 24 hrs before returning to the u/k if wormed in the uk before you go you must retun within 5 days or re worm by a vet in europe and regester on passpoirt time and date of . can not return within 24 hrs of worming .

and ovcourse must be microchiped

Thanks for the replies,

I know the whole process in terms of the visit to the vet etc before you head back. It was more the cost of the rabies vac that took me by suprise. I suppose I was trying to figure out how the cost of rabies vac at the vets I used compare to other vets..

Thanks for the replies,

I know the whole process in terms of the visit to the vet etc before you head back. It was more the cost of the rabies vac that took me by suprise. I suppose I was trying to figure out how the cost of rabies vac at the vets I used compare to other vets..

mine had a rabbies booster jab last year to keep the passport think it was 20 quid for 3 years ,,its the first one thats pricy cos of the blood tests and so on

Thanks for the replies,

mine had a rabbies booster jab last year to keep the passport think it was 20 quid for 3 years ,,its the first one thats pricy cos of the blood tests and so on

OK thanks, 20 for 3 years sounds good

thanks

A lot of changes took place in Jan of this year & i also got conflicting "facts" from DEFRA & the country where the pup was going. I would double check on everything well before any date of travel.

Thanks, I spoke to the vet about it when i took them for the vaccination as the rules have been simplified this year, all the dogs need.is micro chip, and a rabies vacination for the passport and thats it. They are also not allowed to travel within 21 days of the vaccination. Other then that you need to take them to visit a vet before you bring them home less than 5 days before you travel back.